BigClay's TJ

Normally, I'm happy for my friends....want to see them succeed, and rejoice WITH them when they get new "play pretties" (as my grandmother use to call presents/toys)

But in this case....my little envy wheel is spinning so fast I could attach it to a generator and power my office :p

J/K man....that's awesome! Now you can run 8psi without fear of burping!

View attachment 231289

LOL! I actually bought a buy 3 get one free gift certificate off a guy on here, so in the end I ended up saving about $180 on the set, that was the main reason I decided to pull the trigger.

Thanks, I think that picture was right before we realized it had burped

The jeep will be getting new shoes! 35x10 TSL SX IIs on 15x8 Allied steel bead locks

9b959f5019da987c0a084799c3810e1d.jpg

fb9037ba097565eed58de4c812cda5ef.jpg

Three sets if tires: 33x12.5 TSL Bias, 35x10 TSL SX II, 35x12.5 BFG A/T. Granted the 33s are feeling the weight of the Jeep and the BFGs are at 30psi. Cant wait to get the SXIIs on the jeep and see how they do!

b7b51b33f7390fa6cbb8f40bb7dc1291.jpg

Also new shocks, wow, didn't know how busted the others were. Also relocated the lower shock mounts behind the control arms so hopefully I won't rip these off now.

db4a9effd6fdce914cb0e90eb0faddc0.jpg

c30d44c2d4896d93bd4a55c3e92375b8.jpg

And let there be light!

aa31285bc9d2e80d33a889e8b52a8453.jpg

Why did you mount them body-side down?

Why did you mount them body-side down?

That is the same way I had the old ones on there, and that is the way the mounts came. Is there a difference in the way they perform based on orientation?

That is the same way I had the old ones on there, and that is the way the mounts came. Is there a difference in the way they perform based on orientation?

When you back into something and dent the can, they don't go in and out anymore.

They're monotube and have eyelets on both ends, so it shouldn't matter from a performance perspective. But they're more durable mounted the other way around.

When you back into something and dent the can, they don't go in and out anymore.

They're monotube and have eyelets on both ends, so it shouldn't matter from a performance perspective. But they're more durable mounted the other way around.

Ahh, didn't think about that

What made you change to a 10" tire?

I had clearance to fit a 35" tire vertically, but even the 33" by 12.5" tires were rubbing the control arms, so it made sense to me to go skinnier. I also did some research and a smaller contact pattern actually gives you better grip in the rocks.

That and i got a killer deal on these tires haha

I'd flip the rear shocks, when they're body side down the shaft seal is more easily damaged from mud and dirt and shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'd flip the rear shocks, when they're body side down the shaft seal is more easily damaged from mud and dirt and shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah, I am gonna flip them before the next trail ride for sure.

Who in their right mind backs up on a trail? Hammer down on that beeyotch :flipoff:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes there is a lot of traffic at the mall, and you have to back up to get the right parking spot

The jeep may not get wheeled a lot but it does get driven!

Sadly since I was promoted to Mailboy from paperboy and was given a company car....mine only gets driven on weekends IF I get a chance o_O

Back