The quote of the year...Phil Robertson

I think the part that annoys me the most about this is how people are making about the 1st amendment. Saying his freedom of speech has been taken. I disagree with that completely. Phil could go on the news RIGHT NOW and say the same thing again. When you are on a tv show with sponsors you are the face of those sponsors. When he made those remarks he forced A&E's hand. And since he's suspended obviously there was something in his contract. In the end it boils down to being about money.

Not ONE of Duck Dynasty sponsors have dropped them for this. ( as of yesterday)

I think the part that annoys me the most about this is how people are making about the 1st amendment. Saying his freedom of speech has been taken. I disagree with that completely. Phil could go on the news RIGHT NOW and say the same thing again. When you are on a tv show with sponsors you are the face of those sponsors. When he made those remarks he forced A&E's hand. And since he's suspended obviously there was something in his contract. In the end it boils down to being about money.

Exactly...now if you want to talk about legalities....there is an interesting case to be made about his employer discriminating against him based on his religion.

Its a fuzzy legal line but..

As a Christian he is called upon to be a testimonial and spread the word of God to those uneducated.

In this interview, he could argue, he was doing his religious duty as required by his faith.

Then based on the practice of his faith his employer has chosen to reprimand him.

Thereby discriminating against his continued employment/success because of his religious beliefs.

Anyway I think its all hog wash...but the amateur attorney in me really wants to see this angle pushed.

Does anyone else smell the setup here.... I mean come on - interviewed by GQ Magazine and then being surprised by his answers? That's about like Ted Nugent being interviewed by a vegan and taking offense at his stance on hunting.

The problem really isn't what he said, but it's more what people are interjecting into his statements to make them even more controversial. He said he personally doesn't see what a gay man could see in another man. He also quoted scripture which is the basis of his belief (as is mine). According to the Bible, adulterers, gays, male prostitutes and a whole string of others will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. He quoted the Bible and cited his reference. He was not the first to say this controversial statement. God said it first. You can choose to not believe it, or say that scripture is not God-breathed, or it's just a bunch of malarkey - that's your choice. It also says, "Do not be deceived" Man is the one saying that we need to allow homosexual behavior as "OK", not God.

He said that HE never saw a black person mistreated. It was the leaders of the NAACP that interjected that he was claiming they were better under Jim Crow than now. He was just reporting what he saw or didn't see.

My brother works with Tireburner... and I can tell you he has had several situations where simple jokes or pranks have become very serious issues.

Rumor is they can't even watch southpark on the work TV anymore because it offends the homosexuals :p

I think most of the silly assed crap on tv is just mind numbingly stupid. I don't turn it on much at all. There are still millions that worship it daily and it has great influence on these people. These people are known as idiots, and according to who got elected and then re elected as president, they are the majority now.

Exactly...now if you want to talk about legalities....there is an interesting case to be made about his employer discriminating against him based on his religion.

Its a fuzzy legal line but..

As a Christian he is called upon to be a testimonial and spread the word of God to those uneducated.

In this interview, he could argue, he was doing his religious duty as required by his faith.

Then based on the practice of his faith his employer has chosen to reprimand him.

Thereby discriminating against his continued employment/success because of his religious beliefs.

Anyway I think its all hog wash...but the amateur attorney in me really wants to see this angle pushed.

But... He did sign that contract.

Sent from the MarsFab Off Road mobile response unit.

Yea that's a great image to portray as a true Christian man. The dumbass shit you just said is exactly why I have a hard time supporting him for standing up for his beliefs. I bet you think you believe the same thing he does yet you say some dumbass ignorant shit like that.

Yea that's a great image to portray as a true Christian man. The dumbass shit you just said is exactly why I have a hard time supporting him for standing up for his beliefs. I bet you think you believe the same thing he does yet you say some dumbass ignorant shit like that.

You are exactly why I made my comment in the other thread.

#angrychristmas

I would like to add that Phil Robertson wasn't "standing up for his beliefs" he was merely answering a specific question,I believe as honestly as he could.
He isn't trying to ram his morality down anyone's throats like the people and associations that have come head hunting for him and any other American that doesn't bow down to their agenda.

My comment had nothing to do with what Phil said. I was referring to your positive reinforcement.

My point is that if you want to be taken seriously about your opinion, you should think a little before you express it.

You don't help your case or your cause by making an ignorant slur just like the people you are trying to prove you're superior to.

Sorta like getting cut off in traffic by somebody then 'speeding' to get in front and cutting them back off. It defeats the purpose.

Back