The quote of the year...Phil Robertson

I hope the entire family bocotts the show and another network picks them up. The hell with A&E. As far as I am concerned Phil and Jase make the show for me.

Last edited:
Im tired of seeing them everywhere, Jack. I hope this is the end. But I think it's pretty gay a&e got all butt hurt...

I personally can't stand the show, but I agree with his stance and I agree with his right to speak it. Even his comments that were interpreted as racist, I didn't see any racial indications at all. He just said that where he grew up, he never saw any improper treatment of any black person. Did he say it didn't happen? No. He just said he didn't see it. Just because you've never seen a million dollars doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Oh... and there's NO WAY that the GQ interviewer minced his words.... Just saying.

^^^ Exactly, just like what ever Oprah said a few weeks ago and the whole Paula Dean BS.

That's why I don't really watch the news any more. I turn it on for back ground noise and kinda "scan" for more important news than the typical social media bull shit. Just my opinion.

We don't have cable or satellite. I was at the beach a few weeks ago and watched Duck Dynasty for the first time. Saw a couple of episodes, then watched Moonshiners.

I don't need to watch that "reality" crap on TV...I know enough people around here like that, and can hang out with them any time. And they are funnier than the guys on TV.

I don't completely agree w/ his views or attitude, but that's his right to have them and speak up.
I didn't have a lot of respect for A&E before, this only drops it more. They got all paranoid and overdid it. IMO all they really needed to do (if anything at all) was clarify that Phil's views are his own and not those of the network.

I mean come on, people love this guy BECAUSE he speaks exactly what his mind is. You're gonna cut him off b/c he did exactly that? Just make yourselves look like tools.

To me the "news" here is the story that a network will get butt-hurt and paranoid. Oh wait that's not exactly "new" now is it.

Regardless if I agree with his views or not, I think the news is A&E cutting someone for our American right to Freedom of Speech. All they had to say was his views don't reflect the blah blah blah and move on . . .

the mainstream media is using this story to make them(the Robertson's) look bad because that family does not give a rats ass what the media says and goes 100% in a different direction of what hollywood would want..I mean at one point the producers tried to add "bleeps" into the show to make it look like they were cursing..and all these homo/lesbian groups are just trying to push there weight around on this current issue.. SCREW them and anyone associated with them.. why can't a man state his opinion in the USA, hell they state there opinion everyday with all the gay pride crap..

Lets be honest I don't care if your gay or not, but just like religion what gives you the right to push your belief and they way you live on people if a Christian or other religion gets persecuted for pushing what they believe.

I heard this morning that if The Robinson's wanted to quit A&E that The Blaze would pick them up instantly and give them pretty much whatever they wanted.....

That would be awesome!!!!!

waaaa waaaa waaaaa...... somebody getting butt hurt again.. (pun fully intended).... let's be honest, we can say what we want but crap like this is what our society gobbles up like a fat girl in a twinkie factory. The "media" only reports on whats gonna get them viewership. If they actually reported on the real atrocities of the world, they know most would turn the channel and watch jackass or some other bullshit MTV show....

Well like some one I know on an A&E show, he's under a contract for a few years. If that contact is broken he can be sued by A&E or the producing company. If not sued, I can guarantee the contract has something about not being able to do anything for any other show for at least a year after the contract signed is over, or would be sued.... They have some rough contracts, the person I know is having a ball with renegotiating a contract right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I don't completely agree w/ his views or attitude, but that's his right to have them and speak up.
I didn't have a lot of respect for A&E before, this only drops it more. They got all paranoid and overdid it. IMO all they really needed to do (if anything at all) was clarify that Phil's views are his own and not those of the network.

I mean come on, people love this guy BECAUSE he speaks exactly what his mind is. You're gonna cut him off b/c he did exactly that? Just make yourselves look like tools.

To me the "news" here is the story that a network will get butt-hurt and paranoid. Oh wait that's not exactly "new" now is it.

Disagree.
I dont think the duckneck had any idea he was making a controversial statement and just said what he thought. HOWEVER, I think A&E's response is very calculated. See ratings have peaked for that shit show and they are trending out of vogue...thats why they are licensing EVERYTHING...(no shit was in Spencer's the other day, you can buy D.D. condoms that say "that's real jack" on them...Licensing EVERYTHING)

But this is major news. A&E suspends him and the next 5 episodes will have more viewers than ever. From people "who want to show their support for the core Christian values" to thos ehe offended looking for more stuff to wring their hands about.

Meanwhile Nielsen says A&E...uh the cash registered called it said "Cha-Ching"

So.... what's the quote?

So.... what's the quote?

"
In the January issue of GQ, Robertson says homosexuality is a sin and puts it in the same category as bestiality and promiscuity.
"It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical," he's quoted as saying.

When asked what he thought was sinful, Robertson replied: "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."
But homosexuals aren't alone, Robertson said. "Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."
A&E said it was troubled by Robertson's statements."

Sounds like he was just stating his convictions, based upon the Bible. The last part is pretty much a quote of it. I think it has to do more with that than the first part. I don't have A&E and haven't seen any of it but it sounds like he was being himself, based on the things I've gathered about who he is. I find it alarming that this raises such a big controversy

Disagree.
I dont think the duckneck had any idea he was making a controversial statement and just said what he thought. HOWEVER, I think A&E's response is very calculated. See ratings have peaked for that shit show and they are trending out of vogue...thats why they are licensing EVERYTHING...(no shit was in Spencer's the other day, you can buy D.D. condoms that say "that's real jack" on them...Licensing EVERYTHING)

But this is major news. A&E suspends him and the next 5 episodes will have more viewers than ever. From people "who want to show their support for the core Christian values" to thos ehe offended looking for more stuff to wring their hands about.

Exactly. At this point, even people that were diehard fans of the show are tired of it. None of the people involved here are dumb. Honestly if I were any of those guys I would become whatever bigot I needed to be just to get off every t shirt, hat and wine bottle at wal mart.

the mainstream media is using this story to make them(the Robertson's) look bad because that family does not give a rats ass what the media says and goes 100% in a different direction of what hollywood would want..I mean at one point the producers tried to add "bleeps" into the show to make it look like they were cursing..and all these homo/lesbian groups are just trying to push there weight around on this current issue.. SCREW them and anyone associated with them.. why can't a man state his opinion in the USA, hell they state there opinion everyday with all the gay pride crap..

Lets be honest I don't care if your gay or not, but just like religion what gives you the right to push your belief and they way you live on people if a Christian or other religion gets persecuted for pushing what they believe.
X 1,000,000 Couldnt have said it better my self. Well done. :beer:

Disagree.

He knew exactly what he was saying, and the ratings have gone up every episode.
I'm pretty sure this is not going to go as well for A & E as it will for the Robertsons. They have never hidden their beliefs, I don't expect them to start now.
The LBGT community makes up about 2% of the US.
The redneck/ Christian/ hunting/ pro traditional morals group is closer to 50%.

Sent while I should have been doing something constructive...

phil.jpg

Freedom of speech means that the GOVERNMENT cannot punish/imprison/censor you based on your words or beliefs. It does not mean you are free to say what you wish without consequences. A&E is not the government. They are his employer. If they feel that his remarks are harmful to the company's image, they are free to suspend him. Just as you are free to boycott the network if you don't agree with their decision.....

Freedom of speech means that the GOVERNMENT cannot punish/imprison/censor you based on your words or beliefs. It does not mean you are free to say what you wish without consequences. A&E is not the government. They are his employer. If they feel that his remarks are harmful to the company's image, they are free to suspend him. Just as you are free to boycott the network if you don't agree with their decision.....
Exactly, if I say something out of line just wearing my work shirt in public, I can get in trouble. Hell, a guy here farted at a taco bell and a lady called in and complained and he was written up... it was an awful smell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Back