street legal atv

It'd be pretty handy if I just wanted to run up the road to the store...about 2 miles, as opposed to having to fire up my truck. Now, would I take a road trip or drive it (15 miles) to school? Probably not.

the problem is the MSO, its not a title in the taggable sense. it will state "off road use only" that will stop the DMV dead. The KTM's come with an MSO, that does not state "offroad use only" the DMV doesn't have a problem converting that MSO to a real taggable title.
Now, if your MSO does not say "offroad use only" you may be able to get it past thee DMV. Then youve got to get it inspected....

This is the correct answer, after two years.

Five years ago there were a lot of states that you could dualsport a bike in. Not anymore. Not to mention, I don't believe the DMV inspector would allow an atv to be tagged even with light requirements and such.

too bad we don't live in china

thanks for all the input, i just thought it would be neat more than anything to have a street legal atv. But, I guess I'll just keep it on the trailer.

I'm sure this would create chaos at URE if the atv's were just running up and down the road.

I would like to do it just to piss off the local cops when they pulled me over and found it was legal.:flipoff2:

You do know they will probably grad your balls:lol:

lol...or worse by todays cop standards. I'm just sayin'

You can get a title.

ATVs do not have a title and cannot be registered because of that alone. I call NCHP about it years ago. I don't think that policy has changed.
You can title anything. All it needs is a vin #. All a title does is shows ownership. Atv would need lights. High and low beam and break light/running light. One mirror.:driver: just like a motorcycle would for the state of NC.

Back