Range Technology - Range V8 AFM Disabler

ncsutj

Does anyone on here use one of the Range Technology Range V8 AFM disable modules for GM vehicles? You plug it into your OBD2 plug and it keeps the engine from switching between V8 and V4 mode. Supposedly doesn't leave a trace on the vehicle like a programmer. I found this when looking at the oil usage problem with the GM AFM engines. I'm considering getting one over a programmer so that I don't void my warranty. Any thoughts?

http://www.rangetechnology.com/pages/v8

Yeah I've seen a lot of people with camaros buying them. Did he have any problems with warranty work with a dealership?

No he just shuts the car off and unplugs it. Its that easy. Im going to purchse one for my Silverado because the AFM with my Flowmaster sounds like shit. The scannner didnt show any codes that the dealer saw.

What year is your Silverado? Mine is a 13 Silverado with 5.3 and 6 speed trans.

Yup, it does as advertised, only real benefit is no more horrible sounding exhaust with AFM and no pcm trace, once you're out of warranty I'd just get a real tune for about the same price as one of these though.

I bought the truck new so I've got a while before it's out of warranty.

I bought the truck new so I've got a while before it's out of warranty.

Depends on driving.
A new ruck warranty lasts me about 7 months... :D

I've had it right at a year so far and have 13k on it and 4k of that was driving to Moab and back last year. So I don't expect to put a lot of miles on it quickly.

What year is your Silverado? Mine is a 13 Silverado with 5.3 and 6 speed trans.
2012 5.3. I hate the truck honestly. Gets a solid 14.5 MPG uphill, downhill, loaded, unloaded, falling off a cliff etc. It's not me because I had a 09' the exact same specs that got 17.4.

Back