Out of state Title

SC doesnt use notaries at all on the transaction.

However a real notary is going to want to see both parties present and sign with their own eyes, at last they should....

so an SC title doen't have to be notarized?
Here is what my deal is. I am going to swap my boat and truck for a Suburban and the Suburban is in SC. I know I sign my 2 titles and he will sign his 1...I don't need my 2 notarized for him? I'll need his notarized for me to apply for an NC title, so an NC notary is OK? My work has a notary on site so I wouldn't have to miss work...

I the past, if I had a out of state title that did not require a notoary, there was no notary required to get it changed here in NC. Hard for them to notorize it when there is no place to do it.

Call or go by the tag office in Hickory and they will tell you what you need to do. When I traded vehicles last month, I met the other party at that tag office and they did everything for us and I didn't have to worry about anything.

I can get it notarized at work...

I read through the SC DMV site and it doesn't appear that you need a notary in SC...If he doesn't need a notary, for my titles, I am home free..I'll sign them and take them to him today and get the suburban.

I'll get a notary stamp on Monday at work

thanks guys...

I was supposed to get a call last night after the guy talked to his wife...nothing yet.

He was going to have to talk her into it.

I do think I am close though

A SC title does NOT need to be notorized. Just sign it and take it to the license plate agency. The titles for the boat and truck do need to have your signature notorized.

to reitterate he doesnt need a notary but you do.

If he brings a vehicle into SC from NC they will hav to visually see the vehicle, either he drives it to the DMV or they send an inspector to his house, but no notary.

You will need to get your NC titles notarized for him. He does not need to be present. The only info that is being notarized is the sellers info and signature. The SC title does not need to be notarized. When you get the SC title call your insurance company and get the Brub insured and take the title and proof of insurance up to the tag/title office. You have to get it registered/tagged/insured befor you can get it inspected in NC. IIRC you have a 30 day period after registering it to get it inspected. The DMV does not need to see the vehicle. This should help you. One other thing to think about is if it has been modified in any sort of way to make sure that anything that was done will still pass inspection in NC. They don't have a SC state inspection so people can easily get away with running no cats, mufflers, dark tint, removing emissions, clear taillights etc...

Check the fuse!

check the wiper motor pulse board module on the motor assy, Warranty and Re-call pain in the ass, can be had for about $15-$30 from most parts stores.

Strangest thing happeped today. I got a call from a guy in VA(66 yrs old). He has a 1992 GMC Suburban (K2500 4x4) with 237K, auto, A/C, 4 brand new tires, and he wanted to swap even for my truck.

As it stands, unless something goes horribly wrong between now and Tuesday afternoon, I may have a new vehicle!!!

He told me that I had sent him my craigslist ad through autotrader, and he was really wanting a 4x4 pickup. He worked in the logging business for a long time and sometimes when he goes to work and wants to bring firewood home, he only has the Suburban(which he hates to throw firewood in), or his Taurus. He really wanted something to drive down in there and get the wood.

Guys...

Pray for me...

here is his ad:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...oors=&transmission=&max_price=3000&cardist=92

is it ok to post this ad here? If not I can delete it...

If it makes it back from VA with that many miles then congrats!!!! I hope it works out! Thats alot of miles tho! But hey he's an old guy so maybe he didnt use the V8 to its full potential.

well, he has a book full of service records...and I've seen Suburbans with WAY more miles...

I'm pretty certain he didn't use it like it could have been used...

If im in south carolina and i buy a north carolina titled vehicle do i need to have the title notarized to register it in south carolina?

More than likely the sellers signature will need to be notarized.

I bought Granny2 from a fellow in South Carolina. Just take your SC title to the tag office... it does not have to be notarized. Easiest one I've ever done.:)

Back