Ice storm 2014 , what a mess!

NateDesign

Been running the chainsaw and the truck and jeep winch for two almost 3 days now, I got power last night! I am getting tired! I am glad I did not tear into the Jeep yet, it and my jeep trailer have come in very useful!
And my little Honda EU 2000 generator;). Hope everyone else in the area is doing OK!

Looks like Leslie and I were real fortunate not to lose power. I did put in a good saw day today helping out my neighbor. Hope those without get it back soon!

We lucked out this time... Cabarrus County had lots of rain, and some flooding, but nothing like the northern counties. I will cautiously say we have not lost power once this whole winter, but I sure can remember the times when we did!

I had one huge Bradford pear split three ways and make a mess. Ripped a gutter. And had part of a silver maple fall on the kids play set.

Sure happy to see the Bradford go down. I hated it. I also cut down the one next to it. Figured I might as well. Sure ran the piss out of the old Stihl 021. 25 years old and still a one pull start.

My girls put in a good days work and we got it all cleaned up. At least into piles to burn this summer.

We were without power from Friday 7am to about 1pm today. But that's better than the estimated Wednesday!

My house was fine, but I've spent the last 3 days pulling generators, reconning cell sites, and chasing my tail at the behest of management. 1300 miles in 3 days. Time to sit down for a while.

Person Co. got hit pretty bad. Had no power until this evening in my neighborhood. Ran my saw and tractor all day yesterday helping my neighbor clean up a big Pine that fell in his yard and clearing a bunch of trees that had fallen across roads in the neighborhood

Back