how to get a rusted wheel bearing/hub off?

hscrugby

Ok,
98 tj, and the accumulated rust/mud/funk/small gnomes holding the thing on.
I've tried everything I can think of to get this thing off.
I need to replace the ujoint in the front axle since it died a painful death. So I really need to get this off by Monday, (aka drive to work)
I have taken the 3 bolts off, I tried using the tire as a slide hammer, (not best tech, but it worked on the driver's side ~3 years ago) I've tried a small crappy slide hammer.
I took the axle nut off thinking maybe with that loose it would come off easier, (no luck)
I'd rather not just wail on it with a BFH until there is no wheel bearing/hub left, (aka if possible I want to reuse it since it seems fine)

So anyway, anyone got any other "tricks" they can think of to get the damn thing off?

Cheers and thanks for any help.

)(*$#@)(*$*(#$ jeep.

use an air hammer with a chisel bit or beat the :poop: out of it

put the bolt's in from the back side & tap not beat with a hammer use penty of pb blaster

i had one that was so bad, i had to cut the ujoint in half and pull the knuckle off with the stub shaft still in it. then had to press the bearing out with a 55 ton press. P in the A!!

Well, lessons learned from this scenario:
1. 3 claw puller thing will pull the hub off the knuckle with some creative angling for leverage, lots of cursing, and some beer.
2. If a ujoint does not seem to want to come out with a "normal" amount of pressure in the ball joint separator thing. Apply more.
3. When applying "strength of kong" via ball joint separator thing, wear earplugs, and be careful to point soon to discharge ujoint away from people, animals, (except cats or tree rats) and your wife's nice car.
4. When a properly stuck u-joint lets go, it can do so in a spectacular fashion. My ears were ringing for about an hour.
5. After the ujoint explodes into the wall, rapidly cover the damage with a beer poster or any other hanging thing. BEFORE wife comes out to see the nice hole in the wall.
6. Autozone sucks the cawk.
7. Autozone's part listings suck.
8. A dana 30 does not have different ujoints for ABS versus non abs. (Or if they do, AZ has them listed backwards.)
9. Check Autozone's parts before you get all the way home.
10. If you have to explain to the AZ monkey why a ujoint is bad, walk out, come back in when said monkey is talking to someone else.
11. When you finally get a good ujoint, compare it to the old one IMMEDIATELY. Just because it has the same part number on the box as the other one does not mean it's the same size.
12. Once you have a good ujoint it will still be a PITA.
13. When reattaching the worthless FECKING DUST SHIELD thing, even if you are paying attention, and making damn sure you don't put it on backwards, (not that I did that on the driver's side and cursed about it or anything) you can STILL ROTATE THE CURSED THING 30 degrees, and have to take it all apart again to get it lined up right.

14. I suck at the mechanic'ing.

Cheers.

You can use the bolts that hold it on, and a socket or a bolt and then turn the steering wheel to push the bolt out a little at a time on the front and back just working your way around to all of them, tell it is loose. What you are doing is putting the socket on the axle tube or C then have some one turn the wheel slow... It has worked for me a few times..... On a Dana 60...and others..

Back