Feb workday

snappy

YHDG's adopted son!!!
Trying to plan out the workday at URE so we can get the most out of it as a club on our trail. I need some people to step up and run mini crews. There are many other people and clubs coming and we can fill in to get a lot done.

I am waiting to get a DETAILED list of what the plan is so I can go ahead and get leaders materials etc etc....

So who is coming and who would be willing to run a crew?

I will post up what tools and what exactly we are doing for the work day as soon as I talk to Terry.

I will be there. I prefer to lean on a shovel but will do what ever is needing either by taking a group or being a grunt.

Hate Im going to miss it guys, I will be moving the last of our stuff to storage and saying goodbye to this house that Saturday.

At the Christmas party we discussed working both days & I committed to working. However it will be impossible for me to attend Saturday due to work, but I will attend Sunday if we are planning to be there.

If the FS runs out of materials I have already planned for more work. It is not on Daniel but is on Fall Dam. It will involve moving the guard rail forward from where it already is in the ground. Talking about the mud holes just down from Soup Bowl actually on the trail about 300 meters down from there. We are shutting those holes down. They are going away.

We have marked out 4 sections of guard rail work on Daniel that will involve serious dragging of stuff. I will try to build 2 more draggers so we will have a total of 10 now that actually work well. All the work will be on the backside of Daniel but will reach the top of the hill climb. We have over 1000 feet of guard rail that needs to go up and that is not even touching what I call I 285 which is where the trail opens to about 8 lanes. It will need to be worked on later. This other stuff is more important from an Arch view point.

All the materials will be dropped off at the double parking lot so not dragging from the spray fields except for the stuff we still have over there.

Will need folks to step up for dragging and hauling the posts.

Just got this from Terry

"Hi JC – I was actually wondering if you guys wanted to switch it to Saturday, Feb 28th due to the weather? We could potential do next Saturday & Sunday. Can you let me know if you want to switch it asap so we can switch the pickup of the guardrail and posts to next week? Thanks a lot. Bye - Terry"

Doesn't matter to me, but I would most likely not be able to make next weekend. Though truthfully we would probably be more productive in better weather.

Last edited:
I would rather do this weekend too if we could. The next weekend is already booked and that seems to be a common answer from most folks too.

This weekend is still a go. It has a 1000 hrs start time now though. Please let all folks know.

Back