DONE WITH GALLOWAYS 4X4 !!!!!!!!!!

i have always got good deals on tires but thats all i have every bought from them and i only talk to todd (i think thats how he spells it) the others i dont waste my time with cause i just dont,

personally though do it yourself, you'll feel better once you wheel something that YOU built

I was feeling lonely, good to know the "love" is back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney eppes View Post
So, all the smarty-farts, can bAsH mE **
STFU rodney.:sniper:

Just my .02

I have dealt with Galloway's for over 25 years. Lester has done a LOT over the years to support the 4wd community with events and donations. I appreciate their position as one of the pioneers of 4wd sales and service.

I don't go there anymore :driver:

I went down there 2 weeks ago with some 44x19.50 TSL's looking to sell and trade them. I went with 2 other friends and waited nearly an hour before I could get any assistance. Lester would not hardly acknowledge us when I was a very motivated buyer. I don't think my age, 19, helped the situation any. Needless to say, Galloway's 4x4 will not receive my business again.

When I first bought my Toyota back in '99, I drove 1.5 hours there to look at a completely miss-represented used Warn M8000 and bumper (ended up being a winch plate) and have never and will never be back. Got the same cold shoulder everyone else is talking about.

I will not shop at a place which quotes one price on the phone and something differnet when you get there or you need to come back on a different day of they happen to be PMS'ing the particular day you are there. There are way too many other folks that actually want my money and aren't all pissy about taking it.

I gotta know what's happening with these over the phone mis-quotes. Any time I've been there for tires or to pick the handful of 73-79 Frod's they have in the side yard, they quote me a price, and usually end up with further discounts if I show up with a wad of cash in my hand. With as much luck as I've had there (given it's limited to tires and parts picking), I'm really surprised at the problems the rest of you have had. Honestly, when I'm getting tires thrown on, I'm hovering right around them jaw-jacking the whole time. Last time I was there, I was waiting on a quote for a set of used tires and rims...I just walked into the shop and started chatting it up with Chris while he was SAS'ing a 2000's chevy. Hell damn near every time I leave that place Lester is adamant about giving me free Galloway's shirts as well. I guess I'm a lucky one.

All I ever got for free was a ticket into the truck show, but I paid 100$ for a used tire. Which was my fault for not knowing better, but then dad bought the match to it the next week for 50$?
Lester loves to see young kids with daddys money, or people with a wad of cash.
Kinda like pickin favorites, show up in dirty work clothes and a beater, and I dont think they will give you the time of day.

Galloways

I have never bought anything from Galloways, but I have had work done there. They have always done exceptional work. They fix little stuff that I never even mentioned and there was no extra charge. I have to drive about 75 miles to get to them, but for work on my K5, it's worth the trip.

Shawn

I have never bought anything from Galloways, but I have had work done there. They have always done exceptional work. They fix little stuff that I never even mentioned and there was no extra charge. I have to drive about 75 miles to get to them, but for work on my K5, it's worth the trip.
Shawn

Well then, I guess that settles this matter. :alien:

Yep. Been knowing them since the early 80's. I have seen good work come out of the shop and I have heard of some hurt butt feelings coming out of there. I dont think they really give a rat's ass anymore whether you like them or not... or, do business with them. At Lester's age, you get what you get from him. Some good and some bad. He did a lot for the
4x4 community back in the day. I will give him props for that piece.

THe wait is a bit longer these days but hell I've always got free t shirts an good deals on used tires but the price does vary over the phone but I always stick to the quoted phone price an when I get down there I just remind him of his quote an get that price.

I love Galloways ,they have always dome me right I drive all the way from Andrews sc which is close to Charleston I've went several times . I like it they take trade on rims ,pad balance ,& are very knowledgeable , everyone has hiccups in buisness , the health of Mr Lester ,I'm sure is affecting the way they do buisness. since hes not running things like he use to..

I love Galloways ,they have always dome me right I drive all the way from Andrews sc which is close to Charleston I've went several times . I like it they take trade on rims ,pad balance ,& are very knowledgeable , everyone has hiccups in buisness , the health of Mr Lester ,I'm sure is affecting the way they do buisness. since hes not running things like he use to..
Wtf? Have you not visited this site since you joined? That's how old this thread is...,

I bought the lift for my 150 t Galloways. I've dealt with them for years and they been great. Darrel and Chris are actually good friends of my dad and myself.

People just need to let things die, twice it's been revived.

Wow haven't seen any discussion about this place in forever.
And this thread prety much explains it...

Darrel and Chris are actually good friends of my dad and myself.
Obviously. I'm sure you're probably a good dude, but when you join and bump a 9 year old thread that hasn't had any comments in 5 years, the reasoning is a bit transparent. Maybe fill us in why they are great and that would be more convincing than "I bought my lift there" and "they are family friends"
:popcorn:

Back