DONE WITH GALLOWAYS 4X4 !!!!!!!!!!

lol wow. I've personally never had a problem with Galloways, although I only buy and trade tires and wheels. I guess if you want it done right do it yourself.

Look around the forums, read some threads, if you come across one about a jeep show put on by a dealership, you miiiight just find the info there.

Everyones just busting your balls, take it as hazing, post up some pictures of your rig, come out and wheel, and you will either love this group or never come back.

You gotta catch Lester or Lynn on a good day. Daryl always used to have the shop in order.
I'm with the "do it your self" mantra (if you can) then you know its up to your liking.

i foresee another "how do i permanently delete my account?" thread in our future....
:lol::popcorn:

but really.

start off in the "new member check-in thread" its at the top of the chit chat forum.

introduce yourself, what you drive, etc.....

Ok, I'm sick of the bashing..

Post facts, Receipts, pictures, etc of all your issues. Until then, your posts are pointless

I agree with catching them on a good day. Ive seen both days, and if they dont want to help I just wait 2 weeks and go back down there driving something different :)

But Im also a firm believer in doing things yourself. But it also makes a difference when you have the right tools and a place to work.

well...... I have been saying this for the last few years about Galloways also...... lester and Lynn have no personality BUT like some say they get great deals. I have made 3 trips up there with different tires in the last 5 years and always just came back with them......waste of time

I've never set foot in the place, and never will.

Too many threads like this, and too many excuses about how you have to catch them on a 'good' day or WTFever. There are plenty of great shops around here that don't charge a crazy tax.

Here is a Lester fact, what he tells you on the phone as far as price, always changes when you get there.

Yep, one of my many issues with them, agreed on a price, made the trip out, he insisted I was outta my mind and he wouldn't have offered the price, added 300 to the price we discussed, and was pissed off when I walked off and left.

lol, i forgot galloways was even still open. I didnt even open this thread until now because i already knew what it was going to say.

Pretty much anytime you see a Galloways, or a USA6X6 thread, its always the same thing.

People here is a thought . these guys are working in their hobby as a business and are getting tired of doing the same thing everyday . Most of them have done this type of work for so long they can't change . It really make a person burn out from it and get sour attitudes about the work . so just remember that .

Can't believe you are so concerned with an individuals choice of capital letters in comparison to minuscule letters. Only a bonafied "NERD" would honestly care about that! Perhaps your one of those "NERDS" who just thinks he is "COOL". For the sake of appeasement no more caps.

Actually its b/c its a well proven fact that it's more difficult to READ all-caps sentences than when using proper sentence case. And seeing as how we are all here to READ things, it's a matter of courtesy to others.

Oh and btw i am probably a bona-fide nerd. :flipoff2:

It was a Thursday about six weeks ago. Would have to look at the reciept for the exact date. I like some others went down there again because I had so much stuff to trade-in. Their trade-in allowance on three sets of wheels and tires was a reasonable offer, enough for the purchase and installation of the lift kit. But the trade-in allowance is not everything.

Cool avatar! Where and how do you get one of those?

I made it from a coop pic and drew the pic of the jeep with MS paint.

It was a Thursday about six weeks ago. Would have to look at the reciept for the exact date. I like some others went down there again because I had so much stuff to trade-in. Their trade-in allowance on three sets of wheels and tires was a reasonable offer, enough for the purchase and installation of the lift kit. But the trade-in allowance is not everything.

I've always had good experiences during the week in the morning. Saturdays are not a fun day for me to go there. the employees are being pulled in all different directions by everybody. the lift's springs settling is normal for lifts. plus rough country isn't the best lift on the market. it's just an economical one......

It was more than normal settling, after galloways refused to do anything I contacted RC they asked for pics which I sent, they said the front springs were faulty. They were really nice and promptly sent new springs. The front settled 2-2.5" in a week.

Cool avatar! Where and how do you get one of those?

become a supporting member. I think it cost $5.50 a year, unless it went up.

You get a few little tricks like that and access to the garage, and people also take you a bit more seriously if you have a red diamond next to your name.......denoting that you are a supporting member of the forum.

It was more than normal settling, after galloways refused to do anything I contacted RC they asked for pics which I sent, they said the front springs were faulty. They were really nice and promptly sent new springs. The front settled 2-2.5" in a week.
yea that is a little excessive unless you added weight like a winch

The Norm !

Wow!. Overkill, glad your still here. First post, & you find yourself getting bashed, & hazed. At least half the replies, agreed with you. I took your post, as a warning, & information. I appreciate the recommendations on here, weather good or bad ! I too, have heard most of the comments, on Galloways. Bought 1 used tire from Lester, years ago, & paid twice, what it was worth. Recently called, to ask about a new, or used set of 33s, was only allowed to talk to Lester, although I asked for Lynn, or Daryl. He didn't carry the brand I asked about, offered me nothing else, & seemed as if he didn't want to talk to me!
So, all the smarty-farts, can bAsH mE **:flipoff2:

Back