Building a Shop on a budget...(My Shop Project Build)

more pics:

100_1854.jpg

100_1855.jpg

So 12 guys, 8 hrs, couple 8 packs of gatorde, case of water, burgers, hotdogs, chips, Great weather for outdoor work.. and what do you get

a HUGE building that when your neighbors see their jaw drops to the ground..

In other words PRICELESS :)

I do want to say Thank You to everyone that helped all day.. I could not have done it without everyones help

Looks great Ken. I have a similar project here. except block work and pad will be a while, so it sits disassembled.
Congrats on something I know you have wanted a long time!

Ok here are some dimensions..

24 feet wide
36 feet long
15 feet to the roof inside garage
12.5 feet to the garage door opening..

ya I think my vehicles can fit inside :)

A few more pics:

I decided I would take a few pics of it up since it is not to dark tonight to see them.

Oh ya I can see the shop over my neighbors house when I am driving home :)

100_1856.jpg

100_1857.jpg

100_1858.jpg

Wow Ken.. that's very kick ass... enjoy!

Well Good news is I passed the framing inspection yesterday and inspector is planning to come back tomorrow to sign off on Final.. once he does that .. then I am in the clear :)

Well Jess and I had a nice discussion and we have decided to halt the shop progress until the spring..

Our First Born Boy is due in 15 days and I have some more house things to get finished.. so the Shop progress will get halted but will start again.

So this weekend I moved a few of my toys into it as a BIG Carport :)

The first pic shows what it looks like coming in threw the Gate.. the driveway will go where the parking pad is now..
100_1861.jpg

This pic shows the height and size of the building.. I have Bed camper, 16' car trailer, Jeep, and my chopped Bug inside and still have room for atleast 1 more vehicle :)
100_1866.jpg

i really dig that bug, if you sell it let me know.

As long as I can keep it running I will probably have this bug for a long time.. Jess loves it :)

Sweet... I just found out the Inspector signed off on Final for this Phase.. now I am considered Grandfathered in for my area :)
so this building is not going anywhere..

*History*
I was a little worried about neighbors and my area.
We currently have no HOA but the trend for my area is to rip down the older homes and build $500K and up houses.. and I have heard talk of starting an HOA.. oh they are gonna hate me now :)

Sometimes it is fun being the redneck of the neighborhood..hehehhe

Well I am back at it..(FINALLY)

I cleaned out the shop area in getting ready to get soem work done..
Today we are ripping out old parking pad to make driveway into backyard.

then we plan to pour shop floor thursday..

here is how it looks from gate looking into backyard
100_4240.jpg

100_4241.jpg

in middle of ripping out pad
100_4244.jpg

Well after 2 hrs of working the bobcat very hard, they pad is out..

The crazy part is we found the front part of the pad was almost 6" thick..
then we found Pepsi glass bottles from probably the 50's and a CRAP load of BRICK under the pad..I bet it was fill from when they were building the house

100_4245.jpg

100_4246.jpg

well we cut into side of old temp driveway into back.. this is where I wil be building a retaining wall annd then filling it level with other driveway and plant grass.

and guy is off to go get some gravel now

100_4247.jpg

100_4248.jpg

looking good. make sure not to slope the driveway into the shop. I know you know this, but I've seen some of the most competent people forget little things like that which can ruin a nice build.

Can't wait to start my shop this upcoming fall (hopefully)

well we got driveway down to shop area done and graded, and filled in the front and side of shop with gravel/dirt mixer also

bringing gravel
100_4249.jpg

100_4252.jpg

100_4253.jpg

the part that surprised me was when it was graded, I asked how much could it hold, the dude backed his Full size dump truck down it and drove right out with no issues.. so I know that it sure can handle some weight :)

looking good. make sure not to slope the driveway into the shop. I know you know this, but I've seen some of the most competent people forget little things like that which can ruin a nice build.
Can't wait to start my shop this upcoming fall (hopefully)

ya it is slopped slightly away from shop towards neighbors yard :)

Any plans to insulate the building? And I'm assuming it will get power too.

Back