Building a Shop on a budget...(My Shop Project Build)

I wil say this... My wrists are hurting very bad today from carrying all those bricks and pavers up to house and into back of truck...

We kept all the bricks and pavers that were not broken.. al the broken ones we took to the dump .. 1200LBS of them..

If you mean the SHED.. I have no idea.. I just sold the shed online and told the guy he had to move it..

I also made him pay me before he started to move it so that way it was his if the guy broke it :)

Caver Dave said:
What pavers? From the "foundation" of the shed?

We bought our house from the original owner.. house built in 1955.

He had bricks, paver, stones all over the place.. under the shed/bushes/random places.. I think he must have boutgh 5 or 10 every year and just left them in the backyard... I walked the yard last night and found 20more :( it is crazy how many we have found..

Well I have finally started work and Prep on shop again..
I had 300 Blocks delivered today for foundation walls
I am still shocked that the guy got this truck into my backyard and out.. it was challenging and fun to watch him navigate them into place
000_0349.JPG

000_0353.JPG

000_0351.JPG

I wish I had a few more pics to show how crazy it was.. the truck was at very end of driveway, and he had to use his bum and swing it 360 degrees around the back to get pallets onto pad..

and when he tried to move the full pallets to end of bum the entire truck started to lean over to the side.. I seriously thought the truck may go over on the last load..

oh and they forgot to bring my mortar :( so I gotta go get that now..

His bum? LOL

Does that truck not have outriggers? He sure as shit doesn't have them extended on the DS.

His bum? LOL

Does that truck not have outriggers? He sure as shit doesn't have them extended on the DS.

sorry "boom"

NO outriggers, but damn he needed them..

Yeah, you can get yourself in trouble in a hurry without outriggers... although, with a small boom like that and a known-weight load, it may limit how much damage he can do.

The trucks I used to drive had the boom mounted between the cab and bed. You could go full boom off the nose of the truck and get both tandems in the air.

That woul dbe fun to see :)

well next step is to mark out shop layout this weekend, then go get a bobcat and start digging/leveling :)

Ken, I've probably got one or two loads of dirt here for you. ;)

I can't get the dump bed, but I'll probably look into renting a dump trailer for a wkend instead.

I can't get the dump bed, but I'll probably look into renting a dump trailer for a wkend instead.

well let me know.. i am sure i can take it again :)

Ken likes taking my loads, can't you tell?

well have have made another step forward

Got the backyard dug out and level.. next is to build block retaining wall and then start forms for concrete

000_0448.jpg

000_0450.jpg

000_0453.jpg

Is that a chopped bug?

Yup that is a chopped '73 Bug :)

this is the one that was posted in for sale section.. I traded my motorcycle for it, since I could not ride the bike anymore with my bad back...

oh best part is Jess loves the Bug so well worth the trade :)

she hates riding in my CTD but loves riding in BUG ...

FYI: I may still need more dirt.. I am gonna build the retaining wall and may need to fill in behind it..

Well I have finally started working on the project again..

I rented a mini backhoe and got to work..
100_1331.jpg

100_1332.jpg

then I remembered I had to get it out of backyard

good thing my trailer ramps were around

100_1333.jpg

100_1334.jpg

100_1335.jpg

Back