Pizza cutter tires: pros and cons?

Has anyone figured out a way to get these tires here?

I emailed them and asked if they had any distributors in North America. They said no, and asked if was interested in becoming one.....

I emailed them and asked if they had any distributors in North America. They said no, and asked if was interested in becoming one.....
I can think of an off-road shop that might want in on that if they're seriously offering.

Yeah off-road, they are fine till you get down to 5-6psi but they grip better the lower you go so I have learned to live with it.

I would be running 5-6, so I guess that would just be something I would get used to. Is it just a feeling or does it really get loose on off camber situations?

ran TSL 34x9.5s for awhile because they were cheap. they were dubbed 'hole diggers' by my trail homies. never again, unless you want holes dug.....
the second that you stop forward progress, you need to get off throttle. three seconds more of skinny pedal and youre on the axle tubes

I would be running 5-6, so I guess that would just be something I would get used to. Is it just a feeling or does it really get loose on off camber situations?
It's mostly the feeling, sometimes affects turning radius. I never had a stability issue on my low slung jeeps.

For dirt and not-really-deep muddy trails, etc, they are the tits. More pressure per sq/in or however you want to say it, sure. Sometimes that's better, sometimes it's not. Soft stuff like sand, snow, deeper mud, with no hard pack bottom, they'll dig down quick instead of float. I don't really see how they'd have much less lateral stability at low PSI than any other low PSI tire with a large sidewall. I mean a 40x13.5 on a 17 will have more sidewall than a 35x10 on any thing 15-17. Ultimately it will kinda depend on where you wheel. For most trails around here, a moderate pizza cutter should do great. I'm eyeballing the 37x12 SX2 when I need a new set - kinda like a slightly bigger Q78.

I ran a set of 38/11/16 TSl's for a while and loved em but if you have big axles,dana 60 and a 14 bolt in my case,youll get hi centered on a rut if your not careful cause them skinnys are gonna find the bottom of the rut.

As already stated. Narrow equals higher pounds per square inch on the ground. Less squat and conforming. Much more precise steering. Greatly reduced grip on slick rock. And if it's anything softer than concrete a new hole to China or the next lowest member of the vehicle. The absolute worst stuck ever for me was four 34 by 9.50 swampers totally buried and the entire length of the rig setting on the ground. One heavy burp and a China man started cursing.

Last edited:
Here you go @YJJPWrangler

34x9.40.JPG

I've had a couple of buddies run those 34-9.5s and they could not keep the beads on the wheels at any kind of low pressure. They tried all kinds of wheels and nothing helped, something about the construction.

I've had a couple of buddies run those 34-9.5s and they could not keep the beads on the wheels at any kind of low pressure. They tried all kinds of wheels and nothing helped, something about the construction.

Were any of those wheels beadlocks?

Unless you have stauns, a beadlock is just going to make it worse.

I don't follow, how would a beadlock wheel make losing a bead that much worse? Are you talking about an inner bead?

I don't follow, how would a beadlock wheel make losing a bead that much worse? Are you talking about an inner bead?

Yes, you've got a tire that's only six or seven inches wide, and you're mounting it on a beadlock that's nine inches wide. It'll just pull the inner bead off.

8 inch max, run minimum 20 psi

Most beadlocks start at 8 and go up. The home made route lands 8 inch wheels well over this width.

Yes, you've got a tire that's only six or seven inches wide, and you're mounting it on a beadlock that's nine inches wide. It'll just pull the inner bead off.

And these are extremely stiff and were intended as a dual rear wheel application. They don't flex well even when flat. The side wall is taller than its width. I ran them for awhile and usually when one bead let go so did the other in short order. They look beastly and damn good on the right type of vehicles. But over all fail at a low pressure wheeling tire.

Back