Another 7.3 Thread

72Rockcruiser

LETS GO BRANDON!
My Early 99(10/98) F250 Powerstroke has been cutting off (but restarts if I put it in neutral and turn the key) when going over the same set of railroad tracks about 5-6 times now. other bumps/tracks are no problem..weird.

It is a low milage (83k) truck and it just had a fresh oil and fuel filter change.

I want to fix it before it becomes a bigger problem.

Any Ideas? Loose ground somewhere?

ECU connection. My 02 was loose at one point and did this. Traced it for a little while and couldn't figure it out til I wiggled the harness right at the firewall. If I had to guess, its happening over those ridiculously uneven tracks near Westinghouse and 160?

Yep. Those are the tracks.

I will ck that. Thanks! Gonna try a cps too. After weeding through the powerstroke idiots on google I found some other good info this am

Is the battery well secured? I know those tracks all too well. If heading west, hit em at about 65mph and all is well. Heading east, there is no smooth way across.

check the wiring that runs over the drivers side valve cover ,there is a large plug that is mounted in the same bracket that holds the inlet plumbing , make sure it is tight and also check that the wires with the red tape on them have not chaffed against the valve cover . See photos
upload_2016-10-21_14-28-23.jpeg
upload_2016-10-21_14-28-23.jpeg

betting he fixed it in the last 3 months

OH and, Dirt, Thanks!!

My buddy currently has the truck hauling fire wood. I will check that when I get it back.

Is that first pic related to the ground down quarter fix?

no the " quarter fix " is done under the valve cover , it keeps the UVCH connection tight . look for bare metal on the valve cover where the harness is wore down , my truck is a 6/98 so it should be exactly the same as yours

Back