Random pic thread.

Just to be clear - that is not what is being implied.
Based on the few reports that are available - from the 80s and early 90s - there are many cases where he did not in fact PAY any taxes. Not that any more wasn't owed, but that due to claiming losses on startup projects etc, although he was quite wealthy he managed to pay nothing at all.

Is it legal? Yes, I'm sure it is, b/c as mentioned one cannot be that much on the radar, constantly audited, and get away w/ it otherwise.
But it's pretty fuckin' sleezy, especially for a guy who talks about being so committed to his country etc and wants to represent the working class

I'll just drop these two quotes here.

"Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes. "

Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934)

"Over and over again courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everybody does so, rich or poor; and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands: taxes are enforced exactions, not voluntary contributions. To demand more in the name of morals is mere cant."

Commissioner v. Newman, 159 F.2d 848, 851 (2d Cir. 1947) - dissenting opinion

And a random pic to keep on task.

Hillary-crazy-eyes.jpg

image.jpg

Man I would cut my left nut off with a butter knife for that cruiser. So bad ass

It was cleaner than showroom new. The owner was in while I was there making sure the seats were positioned right before final welding on the cage. He drives it regularly so while it doesn't get wheeled, it's no garage queen. So cool to see an old 45 in that shape.

IMG_20160930_212151896.jpg

Project fire pitt a success. Dad about to finish off a rack of ribs.

Edit: the best tasting rack of ribs I've ever ate in my life!

Last edited:
Man I would cut my left nut off with a butter knife for that cruiser. So bad ass

@StretchASU Has the bed been narrowed? I definately no Cruiser purist, but the Narrow bed and TJ flares are killing me. The whole point of a 45 is its got a bed, why narrow it and put the flares on when its not gonna get wheeled?

@StretchASU Has the bed been narrowed? I definately no Cruiser purist, but the Narrow bed and TJ flares are killing me. The whole point of a 45 is its got a bed, why narrow it and put the flares on when its not gonna get wheeled?

You know, I looked it over when I noticed the narrowed bed and never asked. He did buy it from the guy that did 95% of the resto so that part was done. What threw me and made me not really think about it was the "intact" tailgate. Still says Toyota across the back with equal spacing between the letters.

1001161449.jpg
Random work for the Automotive program at the community college where I teach welding.

Where did you find a Aero race wheel without the tan E-coat on the inside surface? That's not a normal Sprint Cup wheel, I know that much..

Errr, the old left overs from the NASCAR based program that lanched and failed shortly thereafter. Sponcer bailed and the program imploded from no funds.

Short answer "from the dude in Automotive".

Back