axle and tire help

forsaken82

picking up a set a dana 44/60 axles this weekend with 5.28 gears the front has flatops already and high steer. come from a 78-79 ford f250. im incuding a pic. i know its not a great shot but curious if anyone has any idea about the knuckle swap used? also they are coming with 5 hummer 37/12.5/16.5 bfg baja tires. budget is tight and they will need to be replaced before to long. Im having trouble deciding if i want to grab another set or not. most of my driving is done on road with 10% offroad but basic trails and some beach stuff. I know it has been beat to death bit anyone running these?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160928-095847.png
    Screenshot_20160928-095847.png
    440.3 KB · Views: 174
also there was a ad on Craigslist for the bajas for $300 a set.. but it expired last night. anyone know anywhere raleigh area that sells them? i dont mind driving out towards on of the bases in the area

Your picture does not show anything needed to identify the knuckle used. The F-250 44 front had a "flat top", but not like a GM flat top. Not nearly as thick. I have seen the Ford knuckles used, but not sure I would personally. Check out Mr. N's web site on the Dana 44. Lots of good information and may help you in identifying what you have. Here is the link to his Flat Top page.

As for tires I am not sure who it is, but I have heard that there is a place in Fayetteville that has a boat load of them and cheap. A few of the local guys are running them here in Wilmington.

thanks, unfortunately thats the only pic i have of the front at the moment. ill get some better pics up friday night when i pick them up.

Back