• Airbox mod
  • Banks header
  • 4 hole injectors
That's it I think, some pics
IMG_20150811_192703799.jpg
IMG_20150810_085605.jpg
IMG_20150811_192654084.jpg

Last edited:
Hey that jeep looks familiar! Im the original builder, it was my first jeep. Traded it earlier this year to the guy you got it from for a cleaner xj to start over which I kind of regret but Im gonna build my new one towards ecors. Well I look forward to seeing what you do. If you have any questions let me know and maybe we can wheel together sometime.

Btw if you wanna read all the shenanigans its gone through
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/my-xj-build-fueled-financial-aid-refunds-132730/

Btw like I said it was my first jeep so the build threads kinda embarrassing because of the learning curve at the beginning but its something all offroaders go throu I guess.
But yea the guy you got it from really cleaned it up and made it niceee

No worries man, like I said my first jeep too.
I'm just happy to find a writeup for it, feels good to get to know it a little better.
I really just wanna dummy proof it against me and go wheeling haha.

Haha just go wheel the crap out of it and youll learn to not be a dummy a long the way.

If I can offer some suggestions Id get some stiffeners. I stiffened the front already but with how much the doors are being taken off its really need some full stiffeners for a long time.

Alright luckily I have a buddy who lives near me with access to a welder and some relatives who weld for a living. Unibody can only take stitch welding from my understanding correct

Also thanks for the advice, always welcome. We should wheel sometime man

Yea most only stitch weld and inch or so. Where abouts do you live? Unfortunately I havent been able to build my jeep at all now but will soon.

Just saw your from lincolnton. Got a buddy named adam with a wj that makes bumpers out there that could prob help you out. But then again hes back in school at app state haha

Cousin lives in boone man, its a small world:D
I'm up there pretty often, thanks for the referral. Cousin and her boyfriend drive wjs haha.

Haha thats funny. Well when you come to boone be sure to go to richlands road. took the little jeep there with a big group a while ago. pretty fun for being local

Lol minor update bought the heep and didn't have the discos with it, got them the other week from the PO

just put them on... Lol well I'm sure y'all know how big of a difference it makes:rolleyes:.

Yay vibrations...

has a nice vibe when on the throttle, went over u joint front and rear motor mount guess now I just need to start going through every thing(and cleaning and buying gaskets):bounce:

Check the transfer case bushing on the crossmember. When they go bad the torque cause it to lift and go sideways causing vibrations.

Checked t case and went back over u joints.
IMG_20151227_150111434_HDR.jpg
IMG_20151227_150127465.jpg

Anybody have the yoke off of the differential from a D44. My rear end is out of an Isuzu rodeo if that helps. If the rain ever let's up I'll count my splines.

That's how my u joints looked when my T Case bushing was bad. Throwing the angle off

Small update. Played hell trying to get my yoke and straps before the snow hit. Took a while but parts didn't get here until that evening so I ran outta daylight. Got her back together though and snow is supposed to be coming Monday. Hopefully enough to play in:driver:

Put a thrush glasspack on didn't change the sound much but it makes the ground rumble a little more and is pretty deep. The exhaust changes diameter so much through the run that I'm probably gonna have it re ran by ponanrounds

Back