slowest tj build ever

That cage looks sick! Nice work Chris.

awww.lyndseystlc.org_uploads_1_0_2_5_10250231_7661320_orig.jpg

I found a new sticker for it....hehehe

Is it motor swap time, or what?

Poor Joe, I think we should rename this the "unbuild thread." He's recently found out how much it sucks that his sweetie has a Jeep too. I can honestly say my loving husband would give you the shirt off his back...along with the winch off his jeep...and transfer case, drive shaft, & track bar!
20131103_155421.jpg

Well, it's been awhile - I guess that's to be expected when it's the slowest TJ build ever. Quick update: I traded my TJ back in February for a 4runner...better on fuel, yada, yada (being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be). Unfortunately not only did I trade my beloved jeep, I traded all of Joe's parts too. Needless to say, I owe him bumpers, winch, shocks, along with pain & suffering! Oh & we scratched the 5.3 when we sold the tahoe.

We just pushed "the wagon" back in the shop tonight & we're super stoked to get started! I see a 5.9 magnum & tons in our future...

Attachments

• 20150830_185404.jpg
    20150830_185404.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 421
Y'all have been hunting a motor for a while. Congrats.

Just a quick update we got a 60 14 combo from @shawn a few weeks back and just this morning I won a coparts auction for a 98 dango with a magnum 5.9l. Hopefully get some work done soon.

FYI, I happen to have a 5.9 manual trans flywheel collecting dust. Grab a 3.9 Dakota bellhousing and you'll be set.

I know you're eagerly waiting for an update & the anticipation is just too much to bear. So here it goes...the old squirrel-powered 2.5 is finally out!

Joe & his stupid continuing education really slowed down an already painfully slow build. On the plus side, his state EMT certification is on the 26th so school is almost done (hooray)!

We'll start prepping the frame for the 5.9 soon-ish. Stay tuned...you may need an extra tub of popcorn :cool:
20160110_142907.jpg

Back