Project dirt dobber

Well, Ithe wife and i just got back from ivy branch. Had one blow out on my trailer, other than that, everything went smooth. Had a blast and am excited to go back, some of the most technical trails I've ran. Ran lower j first. Winched twice, but made it out, ran butcher block and Josh had a mishap...drove 20mph or so into a washout, Bent a raceline wheel, got a spare to him and almost to the camp, lost knuckle, tire and all...never saw that before. Sheared hi steer that holds the trunion on. This allowed knuckle to pivot off and there goes tire and all. We ran ouch, cable and some other trails sun. All in all a great trip...I recommend it to anyone, a lot trails for all types of rigs. We had 4 rigs in our group and never saw another group the whole weekend.

0906151227.jpg
0905151305.jpg
0905151307.jpg
0905151333c.jpg
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0268.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg

Pinkston is right
It has alot of traction. Intimidating cause of the size but over all not a hard obstacle. Butcher block was a walk as well. Ouch was a lot of fun, trail 99/lower J was intimidating too, But after I ran them...with a lot of help from pinkston and karatejosh...and the trusty HF 12000lb, made it out and felt accomplished.

Black bear, it seems we all need to plan a trip up there and go again soon. My wife liked it the most of,anywhere we have gone together...which isn't a lot of places but it is on my list of going back asap.

Black bear, it seems we all need to plan a trip up there and go again soon. My wife liked it the most of,anywhere we have gone together...which isn't a lot of places but it is on my list of going back asap.

I'm game to go back there next year, I'm done wheelin for the year.

Me too:( but I hope to be more capable and ready for more wheeling next year. I heard you were cutting the body off yours? Best decision I made was to cut all the sheet metal off and start thinking "buggy" mode.

Me too:( but I hope to be more capable and ready for more wheeling next year. I heard you were cutting the body off yours? Best decision I made was to cut all the sheet metal off and start thinking "buggy" mode.

I want to cut off the body and tube it out f-toy style but i dont want another major project. Maybe next winter i will.

Back