Anyone in Raleigh able to modify my t-case shifters?

orange150

Got some t-case shifters that I need modified.
They were built to my specs but accidentally built backwards, the 2" offset is going the wrong direction. I also goofed with my notes to the builder and failed to realize that the stock shifter already had about 3" of offset, so my total offset should have been 4.5"-5" instead of just 2".

Anyone around Raleigh able to cut, bend, and reweld these?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1314.JPG
    IMG_1314.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
So if you are at 2" offset now but need 4.5", you'll likely need new brackets unless you are ok with someone piecing together metal to get the 4.5"

Looking at the cost that you paid, it may be just as much $$$ to rework as it would to get a new set built right and sell the old ones

Wow. Didn't realize you could see any of that info in those pics...

I was thinking (hoping) it was simply a matter of potentially straightening that 2" bend and making another bend at my 4.5-5 mark.

As high as the tcase is clocked right now I think it would still be tall enough if the 2" bend was cut off and rebent with my 4.5-5..

Attachments

• IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 262
So what you are wanting to do is to cut off the actual shift rods, straighten them out, and re-bend them at a point further up the rod (making them shorter on the stick up). Then re-weld them to those pieces of bar stock flipped over (pointing forward)?

It can be done, how pretty do you want it? Another option is to weld on a bar stock extension to what is there to get your extra offset instead of rebending your shift rods. What thickness is that?

So what you are wanting to do is to cut off the actual shift rods, straighten them out, and re-bend them at a point further up the rod (making them shorter on the stick up). Then re-weld them to those pieces of bar stock flipped over (pointing forward)?

It can be done, how pretty do you want it?

Pretty much. The only 'pretty' part I'm concerned with is what will be shown above the boots.

Another option is to weld on a bar stock extension to what is there to get your extra offset instead of rebending your shift rods. What thickness is that?

Thickness is 1/4". The only thing I'd be concerned with is floor clearance. Sounds silly, but I don't want cut/modify the floor pan anymore than I have to on this Jeep, especially in high visibility locations.

Back