Sammiyotago Build

scjohn

Im getting ready to build a golf cart with a toyota motor, trans and transfer case and samuari axles. It will be a 4 link built on a square tube frame. Im not sure what kind od spring I should use. Like the rate and all of that tecnical crap. I have looked around but cant find anything simular to the weight i will be at. This will not be for rock crawling but it wioll have 40" tires and will be put through some trying conditions at times.

This is what I'm attempting but with two rowes of seats like the cart I have now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 244
Just put the golf cart body on a samurai frame with all Sami running gear and leave the leafsprings. Not sure the reason behind the build but if your not doing alot of rock crawling then save a ton of time and money and do it like that.

Just put the golf cart body on a samurai frame with all Sami running gear and leave the leafsprings. Not sure the reason behind the build but if your not doing alot of rock crawling then save a ton of time and money and do it like that.
I saw that cart and just instantly had to build one for some reason. I think it will be a pretty fun ride.

I would at least run some toyota axles the samurai axles just can't handle the weight if those tires I would also run a regular cart roof with a simple dom cage holding it up it will look normal but save your life

So does anyone know what spring rate I need for my axle breaking death machine?

You cant choose spring rates until you actually build it and know how much it weighs. Or you could go small air shocks and not worry about springs at all.

How old is scjohn????? sounded like me when I was13 and knew nothing about wheeling and was trying to get into crap that I had no business getting into...just saying...sounds like all talk...no pics= move along...nothing to see here

Back