August 15th 2015 Uwharrie OHV workday.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
Just getting this out early as I will not be here for this and am leaving tomorrow to go be a smoke eater for a few weeks out West.

I do know a few trails out there need to block off some illegal trails. Namely Dickey Bell.

Sorry I will miss this but the fires out West are bad right now.

California?

Right now I am in Oregon waiting on this storm tonight or tomorrow to hit. They are expecting armagedon right bow with this storm and lightning and how dry it is.

is the right hand bypass at the bottom of the hill climb on dickey bell considered accepted trail now or is it slated to be blocked.... if it gets any bigger it will be wider than the main trail.

It will be getting blocked off one day yes. It was already supposed to be done but had more important stuff we needed to get done.

In Oregon right now sitting on a fire. Most likely not back in time for the workday. Sorry, but money is good out here .

Talked to Terry today. She is in Ca. Fighting fires also. She said most likely just same as last month.

I am in DC for work so i am out this month too...

Most of the UNF staff is off on fire assignments in the west. I will be greeting the volunteers tomorrow at hunt camp. 9 am. If a club has a specific objective and the materials then sign off on the volunteer list and do your thing. For the other volunteers we can do a sweep and clean camp sites and pick up trash on any trail you choose. I will explain the complementary daily trail pass procedure for the day and for those who are camping please see me and I will work to see you are accommodated as best I can.
I want to thank all of you for your support. The fires out west are drawing a lot of personnel from all over the country, estimated 45k people working the fires as we speak. See you tomorrow, and thank you for your participation.
I am a volunteer just as you are...

Had a dusty but good time out there today. Left later than I wanted today but that is fine by me. I am guessing about 10 bags of garbage was policed up today and some areas were noted for being shut down soon.

Good seeing the regulars out there and the 2 new folks. Thanks for all that came out.

Back