Best (cheapest) double axle trailer ...

ecoast

redneck yankee
...being sold within an hour or so of Reidsville?

Looking for basic 14-18' open trailer for buggy; they are almost a thousand bucks more for the same thing up here.
I have a good friend driving north/south for work, and he'd grab it for me after I make the transaction on the phone.

Superior, Burlington?
NC Trailer sales?

Who has stock and a decent brand?

Recommendations, please?

Thanks.

I guess 'cheap' might be the wrong word; maybe 'value for dollar' lol

I see similar on ebay for $1800/2k, and these sellers are giving up 13% (fees) so trying to find around/under 2k ish...

on yotas, so width should be ok w/o deckover...I can build drive over fenders if I have to

T&W Trailers best bang for your buck. They will make it however you want and they are very fair with prices.

I prices them versus typical other brands and they were at least 20% cheaper

Old school Mobile Homes with axles and frame cut down and converted into trailers are very cheap and reliable. Seen a many.

I recently had a t&w, very good trailer. However, the lights had to be upgraded to leds. I liked it a lot more than the kaufman. The need to do a little more quality control. Their paint, wheels and "radial" tires are pathetic.

It's been a few years, but T&W in Hudson has nice wood floor 16' trailers for around $1800 (maybe 1600, can't remember for sure) I think. Only about 1.5-2 hour drive from Reidsville, probably.

I will sell you mine. I built it. $1200 Built from 6" channel, rub rail & stake bed. good load range D tires has ramps surge brakes & oil bath bearings on the axles, heavy duty....

It's been a few years, but T&W in Hudson has nice wood floor 16' trailers for around $1800 (maybe 1600, can't remember for sure) I think. Only about 1.5-2 hour drive from Reidsville, probably.

Yep. I think it's like 1800.

I got mine just over a year ago and it was $2500.
18'
10,000 lb axles, suspension, tires on a 7,000 lb frame
Removable fenders
LED lights
Winch mount on tongue
2 5/16" tongue with heavy duty jack
Brakes both axles

Out the door for 2500.

I have a Red Hot Welding 20' trailer (18' deck/2' dovetail) that I may be getting out of. They came pretty highly recommended to me as a bang for the buck brand and for what I paid, I'd have to agree. I'm probably going to have them build me the exact same trailer but in a 22' or 24' version.

Pm me if interested in talking more about it. I already have a trade in offer, so I'd let it go for a deal.

image.jpg

I have a Red Hot Welding 20' trailer (18' deck/2' dovetail) that I may be getting out of. They came pretty highly recommended to me as a bang for the buck brand and for what I paid, I'd have to agree. I'm probably going to have them build me the exact same trailer but in a 22' or 24' version.

Pm me if interested in talking more about it. I already have a trade in offer, so I'd let it go for a deal.

View attachment 187829
Red hot welding out of rock hill? I knew a few guys running there gooseneck trailers. All seemed pretty happy with the quality.

sounds like the place in Hudson is worth a call; just have to make sure it's not too far for him to pick up...hate pushing favors

...pm sent to redlyner

Here's my T&W w/ around 4K load on it. Pulls like a dream and built bullet proof. If you ever meet Warren you'll know he stands behind his work.

standalone

looks good!

I'm not looking for anything crazy; just like that

Sent a couple pm's to redlyner; waiting on him to see where he's at ...

Most people run 2-3500 lb axles? From what I've seen, 2-5000 lb axles really bumps up the price, and are far less common. With a full size SUV or truck on a 7000 lb axle trailer and that's getting close to maxed out, if not over.

I'll say this, when I decided to buy a new trailer, I figured up the additional cost of way more axle than I would ever need. It was only a few hundred bucks more than the standard axles.
The first time I towed without fear of my 4200# truck on a 2500# trailer on top of a set of 3500# axles, it was worth every dime.
Buy once, cry once.

When I can get a different trailer I will. I want some things different. Removable or drive over fenders, winch plate, the 6 lug axles, and a folding jack. It will not be cheap like the one I have now but hey live and learn.

Here's my T&W w/ around 4K (wrong!! Retard math 1 ton basket = 1000 lbs) load on it. Pulls like a dream and built bullet proof. If you ever meet Warren you'll know he stands behind his work.

standalone

Pulled over 8k load from Marion to Valdese, trailer held up!

I have there "Car hauler special" it was $1775 + tax from the Dealer in Moneta I bought it from. It was stolen and I went back and bought another one. It's 83x16 with a 2 foot dove tail.

http://www.lawrimoretrailer.com/car-haulers-1.html

This is the exact trailer I have. I g it 3 years ago. Pulls very nice. Just this year some powder coat is coming off the wheels.

It is an angle iron trailer so it's not rigid. It will flex. I pull ATV's and dirt bikes so I'm not close to the weight. The factory tires are junk. I got 5000 miles out of them with basically 1/2 load. I do agree you would be close to max load with a full size rig.

Toyota you should be fine.

When I was hauling my jeep I had 10,000 trailer for the piece of mind.

All that to say I'm happy with my lawrimore.

Only difference I'd do for me personally is get a flat deck and not the dove but that personal preference.

I got mine for 1850

Back