URE Trail tent/RTT camping

Scottydog

Planning to head over to URE tomorrow morning for some FJ cruisin, then camp for the night. Have not camped at URE but I know there are typically lots of campsites setup when I am there riding.

I plan to be alone/with my dog and making use of my new RTT. Can someone give me some suggestions where to claim a spot? I have the latest most awesome trail map that I found on this site (Thanks DRaider90). Also, can I build a fire at my site (rock ring of course)?

I've always thought it would be cool to camp at the top of Dickie Bell.

No first-hand experience camping in the woods out there, though.

I've tent camped at the top of Daniel, not the rocky area behind guard rails, but just on your left past the dip when you head back out. You get a few noisy night runs passing by but that'll be everywhere, so not the worst. Nice sunrise.

Thanks and that is something I guess I need to consider...trail riders late into the evening and early Sunday morning. With that in mind, I may want to stay away from any obstacle areas. I saw something about the Deep Water Trail Camp area that looked interesting but it may be crowded and "routy".

Any ideas what time folks typically settle down off the trails?

I'm heading out there this weekend and I'm taking my lifted XJ and Cherokee Trailhawk. I've had the trailhawk on all the easy trails along with Rocky Mnt (92) and Saw Mill (93). Any good places to set up camp along those trails?

Wolf's Den has a nice big campsite near where the mudslide turns off of it. There are several nice spots on Rocky Mountain Loop near where you turn off for the backside of Daniel, also on the upper part of Rocky Mountain Loop a little ways in from the narrow bridge. And near the bottom of Falls Dam there are a couple good spots.

I like the spot at Rocky Mtn and Daniel, but I like to know when some drunk with a bad a$$ ride starts for the rock garden so I can ride up and watch the carnage LOL.

Back