Auto a/c repair Raleigh

foreman1063

My wife's 08 Toyota Highlander has a leak that the dealership has yet been able to locate. After three refills with dye the tech's still have not located the leak, they think it's somewhere under the dash. The best they can tell me is minimum $1100 to tear the dash apart to diagnose the problem and then who knows how much to actually fix it.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a shop that can possibly determine the problem and give me an estimate of how much it will cost to repair.
Based on past performance, I'm also not terribly confident in the dealerships ability to get the dash back together with all the parts in the right place and no rattles.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Any competent shop should be able to locate a leak after dye is installed. It may not be immediate but with quality dye and a good UV light after the system leaks down it does leave trace evidence, even internal dash leaks will show traces of dye in the condensation water drain. I have also used soapy water sprayed at all the connection points and looked for bubbles just like a leaky tire. We do a lot of A/C work at my place of employment in Chapel Hill, we check the system for function ability, evac system, check for a solid vaccum pull and hold, add dye and recharge system, if the leak is not apparent you then have a two week window in which to return and we are usually able to locate the leak and give you an accurate estimate to repair. Quality dye is very important!! It has to be UV reactive even at minute levels to be located. Good luck and if I can be of any assistance lmk.

Back