[Feb 27, 2016] UORTC 6-Hour Winch & Recovery Class/Workshop (Uwharrie, NC)

Scott@BigCreek

BigCreek.rocks
Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center will be having a 6 hour Winch & Recovery Class/Workshop February 27th from 10 AM till 4 PM. Cost will be $95 with a maximum of 24 students. No vehicle, just gloves required! Bring your want and willingness to learn! If you haven't bought a winch WAIT till after this class!

Topics and Practical lessons: A very detailed class on winching!

Stuck Assessment – Vehicle 360 – Vehicle Recovery Points
  • Winch Types: Drives
    1. PTO
    2. Hydraulic
    3. Electric: Permanent Magnet vs. Series Wound
Planetary Gear
Worm Gear
Spur Gear​
  • Winch Advantage – ‘Power Zone’

• Winch Gear – descriptions for each and common uses

• Winch Rope – Cable vs. Synthetic (Repairing Line)

• Hand Signals for winching
  • Pre-Rigging your winch
  • Single Line Pull and Winching safety
  • Proper use of ‘Tree Trunk Protector’
  • Winch Advantage (1:1, 2:1, 3:1), (1.4:1 – 1.9:1)
  • Winch Redirects
  • Anchors (Dead Man): Pull Pal, Rocks, Vehicles, Stumps
  • Hands–On winch routing and spooling
  • Rollover recovery with winch(s)

• After Action
*We will also be providing a vehicle roll over demonstration using winches. How to properly recover a 4WD vehicle from a rollover, in the woods!

Bottled water, 3 ring Binder (with lots of take home winching information), laminated UORTC 'Go To' cards, Superwinch Gloves and a Superwinch 'Winching Handbook' will be included.

A guest 8 to 13 years of age may ride for free. No one under the age of 8 years of age allowed.

To Pre-Register: You must prepay via check, credit card or PayPal. Preferred payment is by check. Please mail to: UORTC, 4026 NC Highway 109 North, Uwharrie, NC 27371. Put on memo line -class and date your paying for. I will mail you a receipt/thank you letter with more information. One week prior to your class you will receive a detailed informational email. If paying by PayPal, please use my email address scott@UORTC.com to pay. If paying by credit card call me. Contact Scott Fields at 336-906-1644 or scott@UORTC.com , with any questions. I will need your email, telephone number and mailing address. Be sure to state which class and date you are paying for . Thank you!

We ask for you to arrive at UORTC by 0945 so we can be ready to go by 1000.

Last edited:
Back