krehel24

<- and it begins!!!......
99 7.3
4" exhaust
intake
TS tuner

Moved the EGT probe to the pipe going to the turbo

Installed "swamps" single shoot 175/145 injectors had them reburn my chip

Issue : in race when to really get in to it, very little smoke (compared to before) and the EGT will go all the way to 1500 once you get out of it it comes right back down to about 400/500...doesn't seem much faster then it was either. Got the tune be wrong? Running to lean?

Are you starving for fuel? Like the lift pump can't catch up? How much boost are you pushing at 1500 degrees? A guy at work can only get his to about 1400ish at 32lbs with a decent cloud. Still using the stock wastegate?

I'm not a diesel expert but from what I gathered high EGT is caused by over fueling. Kinda works the opposite of a gasser. It might be that you need more air with that tune (bigger turbo).

Are you starving for fuel? Like the lift pump can't catch up? How much boost are you pushing at 1500 degrees? A guy at work can only get his to about 1400ish at 32lbs with a decent cloud. Still using the stock wastegate?

I don't know if I am starving for fuel, how would i be able to tell?These injectors are not that big, I would say maybe a stage 1.5 to 2 . with this wicked wheel I can only boost around 30. Yes stock wastegate. I think I am guna send the tuner back to tony wildman for a reburn, I don't like these tunes! The shift points are so hard it sounds like the trans is guna come out, plus in the race tune when you get on it, it turns on a check engine light.

Guy at work's trans shifts kinda hard too. I'd rather it do that than slip though. He has a slew of gauges thankfully. They help a whole helluva lot! Boost, EGT, trans temp, HPOP pressure, and a gauge display for a scan tool. It reads just about everything. So he can see anything a normal scan tool would see while he's driving.

Anyway, your EGTs and boost seem normal. It's going to throw a code...his does too. I forget what it says, but it'll go away every time.

Back