Ol' Smokey - The Cursed ECORS Buggy Re-Build (Right this time)

The interior tubes are not in yet. They were all cut out to rework tube. The harness tube will be simple.

The interior sheet metal is fairly simple. Most of the floors are made to be flat. The exterior will be a little different.

And, the electrical cords are tied up and are neat. Have you never tied an extension cord up like that?

Some parts came in recently.

LS1 billet accessory brackets from CBM Motorsports
image.jpg

Rugged radio 4 person in car intercom system and 50w car to car system.
image.jpg

Spidertrax brakes
image.jpg

I think I have most of my major parts now with the exception of harnesses, switch panels, gauges, and wiring.

Is the the rear cross tube just sticking out about 6" on each side and not connected to anything? It is hard to tell from the pics

Yes, at the moment the rear cross tube is just sticking out a few inches. It did go all the way across but I wanted a tailgate type setup back there for access to tools, gear, and to keep some visibility when backing up.

The bars will be miter cut and dropped down to a few inches above the fuel cell.

Yes, at the moment the rear cross tube is just sticking out a few inches. It did go all the way across but I wanted a tailgate type setup back there for access to tools, gear, and to keep some visibility when backing up.

The bars will be miter cut and dropped down to a few inches above the fuel cell.

Cool, good luck on getting it all back together! Nicer weather is just around the corner.

Thanks. It got caught outside in the storm last night and it was a struggle to get all the ice off and in the garage with the driveway covered in ice. It did make for some interestin drifting with the four wheeler though. :D

Unless you start at the wrong end. Lol

Maybe it's just the picture that makes it look jumbled up. I have seen people tie them up like that but I never learned, I have terrible cord control.

Buggy is looking sharp

thats how the contractors wrap up electrical chord. heres how its done.

I've worked out of service trucks my entire life and always thought that was an inefficient way of rolling a drop cord. It take a 50 foot cord and turns it into a 25 foot. Still too big in my opinion.

I've always rolled by twisting like a water hose and useing Velcro strips

I've worked out of service trucks my entire life and always thought that was an inefficient way of rolling a drop cord. It take a 50 foot cord and turns it into a 25 foot. Still too big in my opinion.

I've always rolled by twisting like a water hose and useing Velcro strips

The benefit is if done right, and started from the middle, you only uncoil what you need. Often meaning you only have to loop back 1 or 2 loops most times to coil it back up and it will not get tied in a knot like wrapping it around your fist and elbow.

Unless my wife gets it first......might as well let the crack head scrappers have it after that. Took me near a damn half hour to figure out my heavy 75 footer. Nice parts collection btw.

To understand the benefits and take advantage of them, you typically have to use the cords on a daily basis it seems. I've rolled extension cords up just about every way imaginable and each one has its advantages. I have found that I prefer the tied version best. I can throw it in the back of the truck without fear that it will become a huge knot. And, it keeps the unknowing away from my cords

To understand the benefits and take advantage of them, you typically have to use the cords on a daily basis it seems. I've rolled extension cords up just about every way imaginable and each one has its advantages. I have found that I prefer the tied version best. I can throw it in the back of the truck without fear that it will become a huge knot. And, it keeps the unknowing away from my cords

But you and I also once paid a Tennessee man to unroll one and it took hi a Solid hour.

Chain linking a drop cord is welder 101 you pansies!
And your rig is looking good Ron.
* edit * Sorry Rob,didn't mean to cuss you like that!
:fuck-you:

Last edited:
I hear my old rig is in pieces these days...that would be Rob's

image.jpg
Since my job has changed, I'm now home every night! So, I picked up the buggy from David so i have a chance to finish it up.

Been ordering parts and getting materials...

First task completed...

Exhaust that @Ron or @1983Bronco wont burn their ass on!

Dual 2.25" pipes into a single 3" muffler under set the driver seat. Just need to weld it out and do the tail pipe. Waiting on a 3" V band clamp that I forgot to order, then can finish up the tail pipe. :) Haven't decided if I'm running it out the driver side just behind the seat or if I'm running it all the way out the back.

Been spending some good time in the garage in the evenings getting the LS1 and accessories put together.

New alternator bracket installed from CBM
New power steering pump installed from CBM. It's the trophy truck/Lee pump so there are limited options on mounting it. Aside from fabricating a bracket myself, I haven't found any other bracket on the market. I don't really like how the pump is mounted with the suction so low but we'll give it a go and see what happens.

image.jpg

I like the cbm mount, tried to use it on mine but it was in the way of my upper link. Ended up using the bomber fab bracket on the passenger side head, still use the cbm bracket simply as an idler to get more wrap on the crank and steering pump which is mounted in front of drivers head.

uploadfromtaptalk1426118816975.jpeg

Here you can see the pump above the alternator and imagine how it operates just as an idler giving more wrap on crank and pump pulleys.

uploadfromtaptalk1426118872424.jpeg

That's the bomber bracket. I did do some modifying to fit my power welder alternator. Here you can also see the cbm pump bracket on the drivers head.

Also had to flip my throttle body, the dbw servo was in the way with the bomber unit.

Be sure to locktite all these fasteners, all mine worked loose in a few rides, almost caused some catastrophe.

@mcutler

I almost bought the bomber kit but realized my engine is offset to the pass side by about 4" and didn't have room. Ideally it would have been nice to find a bracket for the TT/Lee pump that mounted it down low in the driver side and the alternator just above it. I just don'tike the alternator down low like CBM does. I haven't found any brackets for the TT pump other than the CBM one and they only have 1 option. Ugh.

Matt, what pump are you using?
That's the same location as my TT/Lee pump but the CBM bracket looks different.

What tensioner pulley is in the pic?
What thermostat housing did you use? Looks like it comes straight out versus the side like the stock ones do.

In another note...
I didn't realize my intake didn't have injectors... Ugh. Pulled some spare LQ4 injectors and they are too short. Plus, they are just 22lbs vs 28lbs stock LS1. Damn, $375 later and I picked up some 32lb 8.1 injectors to work with the truck harness I have. Just waiting on the injectors, new fuel rails, and 102mm throttle body to check clearances and start looking at belt routing.

I do like the welding alternators. I may have to look into those.

On another note...

Anyone with the aluminum block LS motors just use 4 motor mount holes like the iron block or did yall pick up the 5th hole too?

I'm wondering if I really need the 5th hole that will require modifying my mounts.

Back