Welding table

mbalbritton

#@$%!
I was just in the shop at my office on Friday afternoon screwing around on a personal project. Couldn't help but think I love my little welding table. We design and produce Retail Displays at work. They were about to throw out this base to a display when I snagged it. It's 1/8" plate with a couple of uprights on the sides that make gun holders and the gussets are a nice quick place to clip the ground lead. Can't tell know but I usually keep a good area cleared to set metal that I can't clamp with the ground. Letting ground through the table itself.

When done I just drag it off the table and store it underneath. I also grabbed a second base for home use. :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422656952.322179.jpg

Last edited:
What's that table top it's sitting on made of? It looks like it would burn good.o_O

But having a table to ground through is nice. It is an annoyance having to clamp my ground to stuff i'm working on at home.

Table is plywood top with Indoor/outdoor carpet stapled to it. We do a lot if wood, plastic work too so we just replace the carpet once a year or as needed. Weld spatter just melts holes in it. Not much gets off the steel and we don't really do more than an inch or 2 welds at a time.

LOL thats funny..... my welding table is also an old retail display. It was a Levi's table built of metal. I cut the bottom shelf off and put some wheels (also from a display) on it. The top is a lil thin and still has a powder coat on it but I plan on putting a piece of sheet on it to thicken it up. I used to work at JCPenny doing maintenance and you wouldnt believe the stuff they would throw away.... Cant tell you how many times I went dumpster diving after work.

Almost had a 50" HP Flatscreen with touchscreen panel but my asst store mgr caught me pulling it out of the kiosk that the store mgr had told them to toss....

My welding table is a commercial solid core door with a sheet of 3/16 on it. I keep the gun in the opening where the door lock assembly should be, that way it won't accidentally arc on me.

LOL thats funny..... my welding table is also an old retail display. It was a Levi's table built of metal. I cut the bottom shelf off and put some wheels (also from a display) on it. The top is a lil thin and still has a powder coat on it but I plan on putting a piece of sheet on it to thicken it up. I used to work at JCPenny doing maintenance a.

I've got a load of stuff going to JCP on Monday. We do a lot for Wrangler.

Hell you could have built these tables for all I know.... LOL I probably hauled away a few thousand pounds of scrap metal from our store when we remodeled. They technically couldnt let me have it, it had to be "destroyed" but once it was in the dumpster it was free game

Back