WOW! It worked!!! Lucas Transmission Slip additive

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by ManglerYJ, Jan 23, 2010.

1. ManglerYJ

ManglerYJ Well-Known Member

My wife's 2005 Dodge Caravan (4 cyl) started making some weird noises and the trans began slipping in first and reverse. Flashes of $1000+ repair bills crossed my eyes when it occured to me to try one of those additives you see at Wal Mart. I figured that at worst, it doesn't make it better and I'm still staring at a new or rebuilt tranny, just out $12 for some "snake oil".

Well, guess what.... even as skeptical as I was, I poured the bottle into the tranny and from the moment I shifted the van in gear Wednesday, the slipping stopped and has actually had a much firmer feel shifting through all gears.

Now, I'm hoping that this "fix" will at least buy me another 6 months, but I'm still skeptical. Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so, how long did it make your tranny last?
  2. VortecJeep

VortecJeep Powered by Uranium-235

I had a 96 Ram 4x4. The auto tranny got to where it was slipping, and sometimes would not shift. I put Lucas in it (did a full fluid and filter change). I only had it a couple of months after I put the Lucas in, but didn't have any more problems for those couple of months.
  3. malibu79

malibu79 Active Member

tranny in my k5(700r4) started slipping a little when changing gears and starting off. flushed the old fluid out and put a bottle of Transx in it and it lasted 5months until i blew it up in the mud pulling a friend of mine up out of a mud hole. it would have lasted longer as a daily driver.
  4. Metto

Metto Active Member

transx, lucas and the seafoam tranny additive all work pretty good as a temp fix
  5. Bigbluechevy

Bigbluechevy Member

yea now that it is fixed, sell it before it blows hahaha
  6. ManglerYJ

ManglerYJ Well-Known Member

Honestly..... that's more or less what we are thinking.....

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have never bought this van in the first place. After the first transmission went out at 35,000 miles (lucky for us the 3 year 36,000 mile Powertrain ONLY warranty was still in effect - barely!), I started grumbling to a co-worker about it. He then told me Ecolab (the company I work for) went away from the 4 cyl Dodge mini vans because they were replacing transmissions in them every 20,000 miles.

Seeing as how the current tranny has almost 50,000 miles on it, I think it's doing pretty well considering. It will most likely get traded on either a Tahoe/Suburban or the new Traverse. We need to get three car seats in the third row seat now.
  7. 1983Bronco

1983Bronco Well-Known Member

Trans X works great, used car dealer APPROVED!!!
    Jody Treadway and Ron like this.
  8. blasterr1

blasterr1 Active Member

i think that should read:

"used car dealer TESTED, used car dealer APPROVED!!"
  9. Fart

Fart Active Member

I hope I never buy a car from any of you.
  10. strange1

strange1 Well-Known Member

x2
  11. BigBody79

BigBody79 Well-Known Member

He's probably not the only one doing it. That's why used cars can be a crap shoot!

Another reason when I got my accord I made sure it had a manual. V6-6spd is kinda fun.
  12. John B.

John B. Active Member

I put that Lucas stuff in my master/slave cylinder reservoir one time and my clutch stopped slipping.
  13. Tacoma747

Tacoma747 Well-Known Member

LOL
  14. oleblue

oleblue Active Member

haha i just used it and it performed a miracle....i know i still need a rebuild :(
  15. Ricky B

Ricky B Wiiide Open

Had some pretty successful results with Lucas myself, now I put it in everything as a preventative, it also helps chain driven Tcases that are acting up.

If Trans X is a Amsoil product I'm sure it works very well also, Amsoil seems to have bout every oil product they sell on the next level.
  16. sloop

sloop Active Member

Had an 01 toyota camry that started to shift late and slip intermittently. Added Lucas with a fluid and filter change, it did help but got worse after only a few days.

For $12 its certainly worth a try.
  17. Thor68372rockon

Thor68372rockon New Member

Trans X Or Lucas?

Hey Guys, I'll Try To Help A Little Bit If I Can. I've Been An Auto Mechanic For 28 Years & The Way I've Done It Is If An Automatic Trans. Slips It's On Its Way Out. If You Want To Safe Guard A Good Non-Slipping Trans., Use Trans-X. I Am Not A Dealer Or Get Paid By These Guys What So Ever. The Dealer Will Still Warranty The Trans. If You Use It. What I Do Is Add Half The Bottle To Trans., Drive It For 200-300 Miles (This Gives It A Chance To Clean The Valve Body & Ports In The Trans.) Then Change The Fluid & Filter & Add The Other Half Bottle To Good Fluid In Tranny. This Will Continue To Clean & Help Your Transmission. I Have Done This With Every Vehicle I Own, I've Had My 2001 Buick LeSabre Limited From The Time It Was New & Now Has 192,000 Miles On it, I Added Trans X Right Away When I Bought It, Drove It For 200 Miles, Then Changed Fluid & Filter & Added The Other Half Of The Trans X Bottle, I Have Never Had One Bit Of Trouble With That Tranny, 1975 Chevy Full-Time 4X4, I Rebuilt Trans. Added Trans X, Now Has 20,000 Miles On It, No Problems With It. I Do Use Lucas Engine Oil Stabilizer In The Engines On All My Vehicles, Lawnmowers & Snowblower. I Have Heard You Can Add Lucas Engine Oil Stabilizer To Your Transfer Case & Front & Rear Drive Axle Gear Boxes Also. I Have Not Used Lucas Tranny Additive So I Do Not Know How It Works, I Have Had Great Success With Trans X So I Will Not Change. Good Luck Guys!:beer:
  18. tireburner1975

tireburner1975 Well-Known Member

I put transx in my Mazda and it shit the bed 100 miles later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    jeepinmatt likes this.
  19. Redneck92

Redneck92 Big Chris

Is it revive old threads week here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    drkelly likes this.
  20. tireburner1975

Looks like it

21. RatLabGuy

RatLabGuy You look like a monkey and smell like one too

spammer
  22. trailhugger

trailhugger The Brains of the Operation Administrator

23. Thor68372rockon

Thor68372rockon New Member

Also Cab Companies Use Trans X In All Their Cabs Because Of The Heavy Abuse On Their Transmissions. I Was Introduced To Trans X Back In 1999 By A Couple Of Guys Who Attended Car Auctions In A Lot Of States, They Would Bring Them Back Here To Nebraska, My Brother Bought A Ford Taurus From Them & They Told Him They Put Trans X In When They Purchased The Car & To Put Half The Bottle Of Trans X In When He Changed The Filter & Fluid On The Next Fluid Change. These Guys Have Been In Business For Many Years & Swear By It. I Still Use It On All My Vehicles & No Complaints Here. Start Using It Before The Slipping Occurs For Preventive Maintenance. Some Guys Are Saying You Are Not Supposed To Use Trans X In Some Of The Jeeps, Though I Do Not Know What The Reason Would Be For This, But I Would Talk To The Dealer Before Adding It In This Case. I Have Used It In Fords, GMCs, Chevys, Dodges, Foreign Cars, All With Good Results. (If The Transmission Was Not Slipping Already) Trans X May Buy You A Little Time, But The End Result If The Trans. Is Already Slipping & You Add It, It Will Eventually Need Replaced.
  24. tireburner1975

Sooo many capital letters....

25. transman731

transman731 get your shift together

there is no such thing as "transmission fix" in a bottle.
    if you bring me a trans and tell me you put trans x in it, i will charge you an extra $100 for the aggravation that it will cause me.

take a bottle of trans-x and drop an o-ring and a teflon coated valve something anodized in it, wait 24 hrs and see what that stuff looks like. the o-ring will be swelled to twice its size, and the other components will have no more coating on them.
    trailhugger likes this.