[May 24, 2014] UORTC 4WD-101 Training (Uwharrie, NC)

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by UORTC, Apr 18, 2012.

1. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

We have our 4WD-101 Training dates set through May 2014.

Next class - May 24th

$250.00. This price is per person. You must provide your own 4WD
    licensed and insured vehicle at this price. Your friend, relative and/or spouse may share your vehicle at the additional cost of $250.00. A guest 8 to 13 years of age may ride for free. No one under the age of 8 years of age allowed. 5 paying person minimum to hold class. 10 to 12 vehicles maximum. Price includes at least two experienced and I4WDTA Certified instructors.

You must pre-pay via check, credit card or PayPal. Preferred payment is by check. Please mail to: UORTC, 4026 NC Highway 109 North, Uwharrie, NC 27371. Put on memo line -class and date your paying for. I will mail you a receipt and thank you letter with more information. One week prior to your class you will receive a detailed informational email. If paying by PayPal, please use my email address Uwharrie4w@aol.com to pay. If paying by credit card call me. Contact Scott Fields at 336-906-1644 or Uwharrie4w@aol.com , with any questions. I will need your email, telephone number, mailing address and vehicle make and model. I can provide you with a 4WD for the class at an extra cost.

You will receive a complete refund if we do not reach the class size minimum or for some reason the class is not held. You may also choose to transfer your payment to a future class. We will hold the class - rain or shine!

4WD - 101 Program of Instruction
    - Welcome, Meet and Greet, Forms/Paperwork
    - PowerPoint - 4WD Familiarization
    - 360 Vehicle Walk Around/Pre-Trip Inspection
    - Obstacle Course Coaching and Proper Technique Building
    - Box Lunch(included in price) - provided by Eldorado Outpost
    - Recovery Familiarization
    - Hi-Lift Jack Familiarization
    - Trail Ride and Coaching on UORTC Private Trail Systems or USFS Trail System
    - Return from trail Ride, Completion Materials**

This is a 9 to 10 hour class. We start at 0830

**Also included in class (take home stuff): LED lighted pen, T-shirt, UORTC stickers, 4WD-101 training info in a 3-ring binder and a Certificate of Completion!

REMEMBER: Invest in YOU, the driver FIRST - vehicle second!

Proven Fact! - One can travel just as far with a stock or near stock vehicle if the driver has the Skills! Just think what you can do with a modified vehicle and MUCH safer too, For You, Your loved ones and your vehicle! The environment will benefit also!
    Please - TREAD Lightly!

We use our own property for 101 classes (UORTC's) Over 200 acres. Occasionally we will use the USFS trails.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This is an event that is being conducted on the Uwharrie National Forest and is authorized under a Special Use Permit."

"USDA – Forest Service Nondiscrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Forest Service prohibits discrimination in its programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer."
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. rodney eppes

rodney eppes Well-Known Member

Scott, you have twin threads running=upcoming events, & FOU. Wouldn't be better/easier, to combine them, or delete 1? Just a suggestion!;)
    Make that 3 threads=vendors
  3. ord.sgt.26NC

ord.sgt.26NC Gott mit uns!

Scott,can you list what the minimum vehicle requirements(safety/equipment) are to participate in your classes?
  4. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

4WD, Seat Belt(s), Reverse, Brakes and Parking Brake all needs to work. Minimum 4 point roll bar with open or soft top vehicles. Battery(s) properly held down (no bungee cords). 2 strong, secure - Recovery points (1 front and 1 rear).
    Un-licensed vehicles are allowed on UORTC's property and off premises trail systems, however; they will need to be legally towed to riding area parking lots. A loaner manual transmission 4WD vehicle is available to use during the class at an extra fee.

Thank you for your question and your interest in UORTC!
  5. ord.sgt.26NC

ord.sgt.26NC Gott mit uns!

Thanks for listing your requirements. Unfortunatly I won't pass inspection since my trail rig didn't come with roll bar or seat belts.
  6. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

You have a very cool vintage Willys! If you are interested in taking a class let me know, I'll work a deal with you on the use of one of our training vehicles. Both are manual transmissions.

Thank you!
  7. tlucier

tlucier Well-Known Member

Jimmy - I attended Scott's course in June and I can strongly recommend it. I learned alot, I feel more confident in my vehicle, and I had a great time!
  8. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

Come and join our next class Saturday, May 24, 2014 - New_UORTC_LOGOw_4WD-101_notebook.png
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  9. jcd

jcd New Member

I attended 4WD 101 and had a great time. Scott and Ben did a great job explaining the basics while having fun. I defintely feel more comfortable taking the nephews out now. Looking forward to the next course!

joe
  10. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

Question: Why should I take this 4WD-101 class? How can I afford it? ...........

Vehicle body damage! Bent tie-rod! Engine water damage! Axle breakage! Roll Over - Personal body damage! I wish I never bought that part and those tires, I just spent $2,200!

Answer: Learn what not to do BEFORE you do it! And what to do first! How can I afford not to take this class!

You put all this money in your 4WD, shouldn't you invest in yourself first?! Don't learn the hard way!
  11. grnsanddemon

grnsanddemon Grateful

I took the 4WD-101 class this weekend with Scott and Ben, and it was great! A ton of useful information and instruction for offroading, presented in a very professional and hands-on atmosphere. This class would benefit anyone who is into wheelin', no matter what your experience level is. These guys have a wealth of knowledge on all aspects of offroading, from the mechanics of your rig to proper recovery techniques. If you get the opportunity TAKE THIS CLASS!

Scott if there is anything I can help you with just let me know. Thanks again!
    Tarheel 4WD Center likes this.
  12. Tarheel 4WD Center

Tarheel 4WD Center Tarheel 4WD Center

We went out this weekend to audit this class and help out a bit. Excellent class and met some great people. Scott and Ben do a great job with the classroom and hands on portions of the class. Highly recommend the class and we are looking forward to working with the school in the future. This is a GREAT resource for the area's off road community. For some pictures form the class, check out the Tarheel 4WD Center Facebook page.
  13. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

Updated and better video!

14. keoni004

keoni004 Ummm...

New guy here, and interested in the upcoming classes. With regard to minimum requirements, will the OEM front frame mounted tow point be sufficient?
  15. biggoofy

biggoofy III%

Great new video man.
  16. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

Yes, that would work and be fine!
    Come and Join us at our next class.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  17. redneck grrrl

redneck grrrl Well-Known Member

Scott and Ben, thank you for a great Class. I'm not exactly a newbie but I'm no expert either. This class was exactly what I needed; seat time in a place to practice the "what if" scenario in a safe/structered environment. You can teach an old dog new tricks. Not everything i have learned "thru experience" on the trail is the safest or correct way. Instructors were well prepared and explained everything clearly and understandable manner that even a non-mechanical person (like me) can understand. Looking forward to my next trail ride using these new skills.
  18. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

19. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

We now have other, exclusive properties that we can ride and train on!
  20. Twoguysmetalfab

Twoguysmetalfab Member

I just wanted to say I took Scott's 4wd 101 class to see what it was all about and it was probably one of the best put together classes out there. Scott not only instructs you through hands on application, he also gives you a ton of material to take home and refer back to at anytime. After they finish with the training on the UORTC property you get to go out onto the trails of Uwharrie National Forrest and they spend time with each and every person in real world applications. I also have seen the exclusive land that Scott has access in order to train and I would say it is worth taking the class just to ride that trail system.
  21. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

Discounts on parts if you participate in a 4WD - 101 Class !
  22. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

Bring a friend or two or three or four and receive $25 off your registration fee for each friend you bring!
  23. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  24. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

Up to $100 off!
  25. UORTC

UORTC UORTC.com

$50 off training for Active Duty and Retired Military!