State Park/Mountains

Updates? How did it go?
It was alot of fun. We ended up doing about 5 miles and we are feeling it!
It really is a beautiful park and the trails are awesome. Definitely want to go back when we have more time. Took the drone with me to fly but was a bit too windy.

Attachments

• stnmnt1.jpg
    stnmnt1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 27
  • stnmnt2.jpg
    stnmnt2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 28
  • stnmnt3.jpg
    stnmnt3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 31
  • stnmnt4.jpg
    stnmnt4.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 28
  • stnmnt5.jpg
    stnmnt5.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 30
  • stnmnt6.jpg
    stnmnt6.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 29
They haven't been heard from since.
I will tell you that towards the end, we thought we were a bit lost and panicked a bit because we needed to leave by 1 at the latest to pick our daughter up from school, and we were getting to about 12:30 and I kept checking my phone to see how much further we had and its like it would never re-calculate and there was hardly anyone out on the trails and we didn't see anyone for about 25 min or so. Ended up getting to our car right before 1, so it all worked out.

I will tell you that towards the end, we thought we were a bit lost and panicked a bit because we needed to leave by 1 at the latest to pick our daughter up from school, and we were getting to about 12:30 and I kept checking my phone to see how much further we had and its like it would never re-calculate and there was hardly anyone out on the trails and we didn't see anyone for about 25 min or so. Ended up getting to our car right before 1, so it all worked out.
Pro tip - Download Backcountry Navigator or a similar app. Lets you pre-download maps so its local to the phone. Then you can track your location using the GPS, which should pretty much always work anywhere outdoors.... no cell signal needed. Plus then you have a cool record of your trip that you can plot elevation change, distance actually traveled etc.

EDIT: even Google Maps has a download local feature. Don't rely on having cell.

Pro tip - download Avenza, Backcountry Navigator, Trailforks, Gaia, Strava, CalTopo, Google Maps, have a compass and a printed map, etc, etc, because they're all shitty in their own special way.

Back